Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My aim is to collect one standard paint scheme Diecast from each year of Jeff Gordon’s career. I have every single year except 1996... I can’t find a single Diecast that looks legit for this specific year. Everything looks like a toy, or the body looks like a Lumina that just has a Monte Carlo decal on the front. Can anyone tell me what’s up with this particular year? I’d like to complete the collection, but I want something legit. Thanks!

·
Sunday Money
2,279 Posts
I appreciate your dilemma. As a Dale Sr. collector, I'm not a fan of the plastic die-cast era either. Over the years I went the custom route (mostly Elite quality) having all his Wrangler and GMGW paint schemes from 1981 through 1996 produced ..... adding even more $$$$ to my insanity of being a collector over the years.

I do not see any decals from Patto's or have any other knowledge if Gordon's 1996 decals even exist for a custom.

From what I can see on ebaY currently, these two may be your best options from my ignorant view ... not being a Gordon collector.

Revell actually made a decent die-cast compared to Action back in the day. (8,292 produced)

Action ... paint looks good on this one. (12,500 produced)
Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Wheel Car

Hopefully a Gordon collector can add more constructive wisdom. Good Luck. (y)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.