Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Vengence is Mine
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where have I seen this before?
I have a 4 car set from 2002 with a brushed metal car in it, but this is not that car. (decals are different)

Did they put out a 1:64 brushed metal car in a different set in 2001 that I do not remember?
I hate it now that I have so many cars I do not even know what I have or where I have it anymore!! :eek:)

·
Don't thank me, thank Justice Fruit Pies!
5,325 Posts
To be honest I didn't know they did brushed metals in 1/64, I thought they just did them in 1/24. Pretty nice looking car though.

·
Vengence is Mine
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have lots of brushed metal 1:64s, platinums, golds, color chromes and everything.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Are you sure it's a 2001? In 2001 it was the first year for the flame job, and the flames were more red than flourescent orange. At first when I read your post, I was thinking it may be the car from the Superman set, they were brushed metal, but then I saw the pic and new it wasn't from that, and besides that set was from 99'.
Ya got me!

·
Vengence is Mine
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It says 2001, so that is all I have to go from.
I thought it was from that 4 car set in 2002, in the black leather holder (they made one for the Bugs Bunny car also) had a platinum, a gold, a brushed metal, and a color chrome all in the same set ... but the decals are different ... so I too do not know what this car was produced for.

·
Premium Member
2,897 Posts
BLACKER said:
Where have I seen this before?
I have a 4 car set from 2002 with a brushed metal car in it, but this is not that car. (decals are different)

Did they put out a 1:64 brushed metal car in a different set in 2001 that I do not remember?
I hate it now that I have so many cars I do not even know what I have or where I have it anymore!! :eek:)
To be honest with you the only BM cars I remember came in the For Race Fans Only sets. I don't remember them putting out one but itself. I could be wrong though. Did they have a pic of the box?

·
Vengence is Mine
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Those are the ones I am talking about. There was the Superman set also, but everyone I have seen came in a set. I am thinking this is part of a set also, I just do not know if I do not have it, or have it and do not know it. I cannot find one in my collection right now, set or not, so I was wondering if anyone else knew.
Two days after I bought my last "rare" car I found the set I already had it in thanks to a tip from somebody out here.
Trying to get that tip BEFORE I buy this time!
No box, no details, this pic is all I have to go off of.

·
Premium Member
2,897 Posts
BLACKER said:
Those are the ones I am talking about. There was the Superman set also, but everyone I have seen came in a set. I am thinking this is part of a set also, I just do not know if I do not have it, or have it and do not know it. I cannot find one in my collection right now, set or not, so I was wondering if anyone else knew.
Two days after I bought my last "rare" car I found the set I already had it in thanks to a tip from somebody out here.
Trying to get that tip BEFORE I buy this time!
No box, no details, this pic is all I have to go off of.
I think I found the set. Looks to be the same I just can't make out the decal behind the left rear. http://www.thesundayhauler.com/store/jeff_gordon_dupont_set2002.html

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
that does look like it.

·
Vengence is Mine
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That is the set I already have Joker. I thought this was that car also until I looked at the decals. Among other smaller ones the primary decal differeces are the GMAC on the back quaterpanel, it is a LOWES decal in the set. There are also Lays decal differences and all that.
That set is a 2002 set, and this car is a 2001 car, I have managed to verify that with other cars from my collection that I can find.
I am wondering if this was going to be a sister set to the one I already have and just never got produced, because I have never seen one.

·
Premium Member
2,897 Posts

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
yea i have delt with him myself, really good guy to deal with

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Yeah, T.E. Tommy has a lot of prototypes. Bought some cars from him myself (no protos yet) and never had a problem with him.

·
Vengence is Mine
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have bought from him also, I am sure it is probably authentic, I just did not want to buy it and then find that I already had it in my collection in another set that I just forgot about.

Thanks guys

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
I still am not convinced myself that it is a 2001. The flames look too orange, as the 01' had more red in them, then the following years they became more and more flourescent orange. I don't doubt the guy, maybe it was refused, and then the next year they made the set that you have. Didn't you say that the set you have is an 02'? Just a thought, but it's a sweet car, especially the fact it's a prototype.

·
Vengence is Mine
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The more I look through my stuff, and the more I do NOT find it that is what I think also. It looks like a prototype that never made it to production. The decals are all 2001 decals, so take it for what its worth.
Stay away from it Silverado ... I saw it first!! :)

Guess I better bid high!

·
The Mad Documenter!
3,299 Posts
Jeff's cars were ALWAYS neon orangeish....Action just didn't figure that out for more then a decade!!

That's a nice piece. I remember seeing the set you have on QVC and wanting it, but not being able to afford it. Still don't have it!

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
silver24ado said:
I'd like to find that T.E. Tommy guy's hook up. He lists A LOT of Prototypes
...and he gets a lot of serial #0001 elites too!!

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Billy Kingsley said:
Jeff's cars were ALWAYS neon orangeish....Action just didn't figure that out for more then a decade!!

That's a nice piece. I remember seeing the set you have on QVC and wanting it, but not being able to afford it. Still don't have it!
[/quote]I know that the 01' Dupont Elite and the 01' Dupont RCCA C/W/B were a deep red, and then the 02' cars were a flourescent orange and have been since.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts