Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://copperstateracing.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=3522

thought some of you Grodon fans might be interested.

This officially licensed, 1:25 scale, Jeff Gordon #4 USAC 1989-1990 (2008 release) diecast midget sprint car is precision engineered by Motorsports Authentics.

This USAC Sprint car was built in the winter of 1989 by John Bickford, Bob East, and Andy Graves. It raced during the 1990 season and had multiple wins and set multiple track qualifying records. The car held the Indianapolis Raceway Park qualifying record for 15 years. When originally created its innovative design and features were four years ahead of it’s time and the competition. The chassis design was used on all future Beast sprint cars and silver crown cars.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Looks really cool, but poor timing IMO by Action. This shoulda been made a long time ago. Anybody notice since Fred came back, they seem to be doing more sprints, midgets and Late Models. That is one good thing in their/his favor. It would be nice to see this be a big dollar piece. Jeff's stuff has really dropped off, and this would be good for his collectibility.

·
Blast from the past
5,166 Posts
Ok so I guess it's still MA for 2008 not ARC as they said? I'm confused lol....Also if Fred noticed anything while he was away hopefully he noticed they saturated the shit out of the market and dang near destroyed any value to the cars. Hope he doesn't allow that again this year. Big thing I don't get is they shouldn't make 2,000 or more of every car if they know it won't sell. Say there are 10,000 preorders for a Jr. car make 12,000 keeps it limited and everyone who preordered it gets it. Or if for some reason they get 1,000 preorders on a J. Gordon car (like a fantasy car) make 2,000 of those and make 1,500 Blaney and 1,500 Mayfield. The more cars they put out of multiple drivers and the less cars they put out of one driver could save the hobby. Yes we'd bitch that they are harder to get but prices would go back up and demand wouldn't be in the crapper. Plus if you preorder then you got one right?

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
They won't be making any Blaney. They droped him apparantly. There is no reference to him on the RCCA website, and all of the pre-orders that I had seen are gone. All I can find now are CFS pre-orders. I agree w/the production amounts though, but that's too easy. They'll never figure it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts