Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
JUST A RACING FAN...
3,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my projects I am working on is producing an IROC car for Jeff Gordon from every year that he drove from 1995-2000 in the series. I selected a car from each year(#s and colors changed for the 4 race season since cars were based off of points standings). Really fun project. Finding the right cars, decals and colors are challenging. They only produced diecasts of the IROC cars that won or won championship. Gordon only won 1998 Daytona and that is why they produced the silver #6. Anybody else try to do this before?

·
HUGE M.MARTIN FAN!
280 Posts
Im currently working on Mark Martins IROC history for my collection as well. He has 40 different cars (since 1990), so Im just sticking w/ his 13 wins. Action made 3 cars which cover 4 wins........so i got 9 to go! I got a few questions for ya so I'mm send you a PM! Great to see Im not the only one that likes IROC pieces to customize!!!! Great pic as well!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I know it has been a couple years...but wow...love these...can you give some tips or links to where you got the cars, decals, paint and the process you used to do them. In particular the red one. I would love to make a few as well.

Thanks

·
Closeted Logano Fan
23,980 Posts
I wasn't even a member of this site when you made these, but can I say you've done an amazing job!

·
JUST A RACING FAN...
3,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
can not wait to see them done craig.
Frank, the only one I have left to finish is the lilac colored one. It has been kindof on hold for a while, just need to spend the time on it to put windows and such back in. Its actually in the case with no windows right now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts