Jeff Gordon Fan
25,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jeremy Mayfield indicted on property charges | www.thatsracin.com
By Cleve R. Wootson Jr. - [email protected]
By Cleve R. Wootson Jr.
Monday, Feb. 20, 2012

Monday, Feb. 20, 2012
Former NASCAR driver Jeremy Mayfield was indicted earlier today on charges of possession of stolen property and obtaining property by false pretenses in connection with his arrest last fall.
Mayfield was arrested in November at his rural mansion on Hudson Chapel Road in Catawba after deputies received a tip that there were stolen goods at his house.
During the search, deputies said they found about 1.5 grams of meth and arrested Mayfield.
Monday's indictment accused Mayfield of possessing goods stolen from several companies: a stolen surface plate from Fritz Holdings, LLC; a sofa, love seat, trunk, chest of drawers, table, cabinet and three chairs from DEA Ventures, Inc.; and personal property belonging to Red Bull racing.
Last fall, deputies said they found about $100,000 in stolen goods at Mayfield's mansion, though all of the victims listed by law enforcement agents then were not listed in the indictment released on Monday.
Mayfield has faced criminal charges and drug use accusations for years. He was suspended by NASCAR on May 9, 2009, after a drug test came up positive for methamphetamine. He sued NASCAR for breach of contract, discrimination and defamation. But in May 2010, U.S. District Court Judge Graham Mullen dismissed all claims by Mayfield against NASCAR.
Copyright 2012 . All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
More racing news, blogs, photos and more at www.ThatsRacin.com.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Crack costs money.

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Extremely sad story, just like what was said before a waste of talent!

·
JEREMY MAYFIELD FAN FOREVER
13,197 Posts
not again :(

·
JEREMY MAYFIELD FAN FOREVER
13,197 Posts
I don't think these are additional charges, from what I gather these indictments stem from his arrest in November

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using Tapatalk
oh ok then why is it in the news again? im confused

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
oh ok then why is it in the news again? im confused
I had to look it up, and maybe [MENTION=2241]deweypolice[/MENTION] can elaborate a little better, but this is what i found:
The police CHARGE you with a crime when they arrest you. The information on you and the offense gets sent to the Grand Jury which, if they believe the information presented to them, INDICTS you.

·
Banned
4,679 Posts
I had to look it up, and maybe @deweypolice can elaborate a little better, but this is what i found:
The police CHARGE you with a crime when they arrest you. The information on you and the offense gets sent to the Grand Jury which, if they believe the information presented to them, INDICTS you.

Ive served on a grand jury. Basically what happens is the county prosecutor presents the evidence to a grand jury and the grand jury decides if there is sufficent evidence that a crime occured to proceed to a trial and also what particular crime to charge the plantiff with. Also many times the grand jury is presented with a lot more evidence than the trial jury ever is or that the media would ever get ahold of because of the defense lawyer making motions that the jury can not hear particular pieces of evidence.

It would be amazing to have been a fly on the wall to see and hear what the grand jury heard about Mayfield. Unless he has an amazing attorney he is more than likely going to be found Guilty.

·
Just CraZy
20,750 Posts
I liked him, I was happy for him in 05 and in 06 his carrer was ruined, Id say when he got fored from the 70 car is when he started the drugs.

·
RCR/Realtree CraZy
913 Posts
I believed him initially when he said he wasn't on drugs and NASCAR was after him. In the events following that, I feel like a fool. He's a delusional drug addict. So sad, because he did have some talent, and had a cool personality. He's the only one who I remember that rattled Dale's cage and didn't get paid back.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts