Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i was at target the other day i saw one of these. I was about to buy it when i noticed that spinmasters seems to have made an error on it. The door numbers are different on the sides of the cars. On of the door numbers is slanted and the other is not. I thought it looked silly so i didnt grab it. Anyone have pics to back this up?

·
Premium Member
1,297 Posts
I'm not sure if the one I saw at the store the other day had different style numbers, but I know that the packages aren't always dated with the same year as the cars. I'm not sure what is going on but it is weird!:crazy:

·
Jeff Gordon Fan 24
114 Posts
I heard Spinmasters was bringing diecasts back into mainstream stores, but I haven't picked one up yet...

·
#Champ18n
10,102 Posts
Stupid thing is that Spinmaster put Valvoline on the B-Post when JGR isnt even sponsored by Valvoline!

·
Banned
17,329 Posts
Stupid thing is that Spinmaster put Valvoline on the B-Post when JGR isnt even sponsored by Valvoline!
yeah i was wondering the same thing

·
Premium Member
4,329 Posts
What are you talking about there's no Valvoline on the car

So I compared my spinmaster with my action there the same so ...

·
Jeff Gordon Crazy
1,018 Posts
I'm not sure if the one I saw at the store the other day had different style numbers, but I know that the packages aren't always dated with the same year as the cars. I'm not sure what is going on but it is weird!:crazy:
Could You show a pic of where on the package it has the year I know on the bottom of the diecast it has the year but where on the package?

·
Banned
17,329 Posts
What are you talking about there's no Valvoline on the car

So I compared my spinmaster with my action there the same so ...
????? i just checked my 2011 1:64 & 1:24 for lionel and there is no valvoline there.....

·
Banned
17,329 Posts

·
Banned
17,329 Posts

·
Smoke will rise.
641 Posts
The door numbers are different on the sides of the cars. On of the door numbers is slanted and the other is not.
I don't have pics but mine is as you described, one side straight and one slanted. And not just put on at an angle, but two different style numbers.
Sorry, no pics.

·
Smoke will rise.
641 Posts
its on mine both sides bottom of the b post i think its called

The bottom logo should be the Home Depot logo. If you have something different, it is an error as far as I can tell.

Wonder how many more are like that. Dang, I almost went cross eyed trying to figure out those sponsor logos. They are really tough to decipher!!

·
Banned
17,329 Posts
The bottom logo should be the Home Depot logo. If you have something different, it is an error as far as I can tell.

Wonder how many more are like that. Dang, I almost went cross eyed trying to figure out those sponsor logos. They are really tough to decipher!!
this logo is under the HD logo

·
Premium Member
1,297 Posts
Here are some pictures. First picture dated 2012 (upper left), second picture dated 2012 (upper right), and third picture dated 2011 (center of package), and the car is dated 2011. On my other Dale Jr. AMP die-cast, the car and package has a year of 2011 all around. I noticed that the year for Denny Hamlin and Joey Logano cars are at the center of the package I believe. Not sure what the deal is. Sorry, some of the pictures are blurry.

Could You show a pic of where on the package it has the year I know on the bottom of the diecast it has the year but where on the package?

·
NASCARFan
1,324 Posts
I'll take any of them i can get at this point. Have any of them reached Virginia, yet? My stores in Spotsylvania still either have the old set or they are just empty pegs.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts