Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The Busch Wacker
9,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it will now be called the Budweiser Duels at Daytona...

·
Registered
580 Posts
I surprised, yet not surprised this has happened.

I'm surprised because they've been known as the Gatorade Duels for over 20 years.

I'm not surprised because Gatorade isn't a Coke product, which they have been serving in Daytona since 2008.

Just doesn't sound right, but sponsorship rolls along..

·
Premium Member
14,620 Posts
It is interesting they got rid of it already, after making a rule change the next day lol. I mean granted, all it was an All-Star race at Daytona, but I actually like it because it gets everyone pumped up for speedweeks!

·
In It 2 Win It
12,031 Posts
Probably not going to sponsor the shootout I would guess. Since it is going back to poll winners. Maybe they are switching.

·
NASCARFan
1,324 Posts
Well it NEEDS to go back to being a pole winner and Daytona champion's event. The past two formats were stupid, the best manufacturers just had the highest manufacturers of all three makes which put out pole winners and this year's format was the top 25 in points. I mean seriously, just come up with a consistent format that works and if that format is not broken as in the pole winners and former Daytona champions was not, then it does not need to be fiddled with. NASCAR has a problem with being consistent and they need to stop trying to fiddle with
things like this. Make up your mind.

·
Monster
3,584 Posts
Which didn't sound as cool as the Twin 125's.

Bud Shootout should be renamed the SILVER BULLET SHOOTOUT due to them going back to poles and Coors being the pole sponsor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts