Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
from Jayski:

Benson to MWR in '08? On Sunday's SPEED/tv's Speed Report, it was reported by Bob Dilner that there were many candidates for the vacant seat for the third Michael Waltrip Racing team among them; Johnny Benson.(10-14-2007)

I'd like to see this happen. I've always respected Johnny.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Me too. I thought for sure Davis woulda gave him or Skinner a shot before he went w/Jaque Villeneuve, but Jaque is supposedly drawing a Canadian sponsor. Once again, money talks, BS walks.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
I'd like to see Johnny back in to the Cup races, wouldn't mind seeing Hornaday get a cup ride either but Johnny going to MWR, I think he has a better career going for him now in the truck series. Hold out Johnny until a decent ride comes along!!!

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
fishin4cars said:
I'd like to see Johnny back in to the Cup races, wouldn't mind seeing Hornaday get a cup ride either but Johnny going to MWR, I think he has a better career going for him now in the truck series. Hold out Johnny until a decent ride comes along!!!
I agree!!

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
fishin4cars said:
I agree with that completely!!!

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Me too. If he is gonna drive a Toyota, I would rather see him in the other BDR car instead of Jacque Villineuve. Let Jacque go to MWR and let Benson stay at BDR and still drive some truck races also.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
If Benson drives for MWR, it will be just like not having a ride at all!

·
Don't thank me, thank Justice Fruit Pies!
5,325 Posts
It would be nice to see Johnny back in Cup, and Toyotas should overall be better next year.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts