Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.myfoxboston.com/myfox/pa...n=3&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=6.1.1

FOX25 Exclusive: Dale Earnhardt Jr. to Join Richard Childress Racing

Last Edited: Thursday, 10 May 2007, 8:57 PM EDT
Created: Thursday, 10 May 2007, 8:48 PM EDT

NASCAR drive Dale Earnhardt Jr talks about his future during a news conference at JR Motorsports in Mooresville, N.C., Thursday, May 10, 2007. Earnhardt Jr. will leave the company founded by his late father at the end of the year in a shake-up certain to ignite a bidding war for NASCAR's most popular driver. (AP Photo/Chuck Burton) You may not find this news to be a big deal locally, but it is nationally.

NASCAR's Dale Earnhardt Jr. will soon be racing under the same legendary #3 Chevy that his dad used to race in.

A source with direct knowledge of negotiations tells FOX25 that Dale Earnhardt Jr. has finalized a deal with Richard Childress Racing Thursday night and an official announcement will be coming soon.

What this means is that Dale Jr., NASCAR's most popular driver and one of the highest paid athletes in the world will now partner up with Richard Childress, the same man who Dale Earnhardt Sr. starting driving for in 1981.

At a press conference today to announce that he was leaving the company his late dad built, Dale Jr. said he would have mixed emotions about driving his dad's #3 Chevy, but again, FOX25 has learned that this is a done deal.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Hmmm, that's interesting. So I'm guessing Truex stays in the 1 car? Man all this in one day! This outta be cool to watch how this plays out.

·
Super Moderator
8,707 Posts
:blahblah: , i will believe it when i hear and see it for myself. if he wants to not be compared to his dad, then he should not drive the #3 car. people will only compare him to his father in that car. hell, they do that now and he isn't even driving that #.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Personally, I would like to see Jr. join HMS and bring the Budweiser sponsorship back to the #25 team. I bet the 25 team would win some races then, and since they have a good feel for the COTs he would be in the running for a championship next year. I'm also glad to see he is being true to Chevy, and wants to stick to teams that run the Chevys.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
i decided to play a little to see what we could be looking at next year

whatcha think?

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/6798298?MSNHPHMA

Reports: Dale Jr. may be headed to RCR
Story Tools:
Print Email Blog This
FOXSports.com
Posted: 7 hours ago

Junior may not be a free agent for long.

After announcing Thursday that he would leave Dale Earnhardt Inc. at the end of the year, Dale Earnhardt Jr. could announce Friday that he will join Richard Childress Racing in 2008, according to FOX8 WGHP in Greensboro/High Point, N.C.

Childress has scheduled a news conference Friday at Darlington Raceway, site of the Nextel Cup Dodge Avenger 500 (Saturday, 7 p.m. ET on FOX).

Rather than drive the No. 3 car that his father, Dale Earnhardt, made famous for RCR, Earnhardt Jr. would drive the No. 33 car, according to the report. Budweiser would follow Junior from DEI to the new team.

Another FOX affiliate, FOX25 in Boston, reported that Earnhardt Jr. finalized a deal with RCR on Thursday night and that an announcement would come soon.

If the reports are accurate, NASCAR's most popular driver will partner up with Richard Childress, the same man for whom Dale Earnhardt Sr. starting driving in 1981.

Childress and Earnhardt Sr. won six Nextel Cup championships before Earnhardt was killed on the last lap of the 2001 Daytona 500.

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
Like was said before "I'll believe it when I see it." I highly doubt Dale Jr. has made a decision yet. I don't think he'll even make one before July.

·
Beep Beep
914 Posts
taterracing said:
Like was said before "I'll believe it when I see it." I highly doubt Dale Jr. has made a decision yet. I don't think he'll even make one before July.

i agree with that and i also agree about him trying to get out of his dads shadow, although im guilty of wanting to see him drive the 3 for even one race i dont think it should be right now, maybe after jr can become a bit more consistent, maybe after he has championship under his belt then he will be ready to drive a car with the #3.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/6800276?MSNHPHMA

Childress: We're giving Junior space
Story Tools:
Print Email Blog This Subscribe
Lee Spencer / FOXSports.com
Posted: 59 minutes ago

As a life-long friend and surrogate father figure to Dale Earnhardt Jr., Richard Childress made the plea on Friday morning to "just give Junior a little time and a little space."

Childress met with the media at Darlington Raceway before practice to dispel news reports that a deal involving Earnhardt and Richard Childress Racing was imminent.

"Dale Junior just made a major decision in his career and in his life yesterday," Childress said. "And out of respect to Teresa (Earnhardt) and Dale Junior let's all give him some time to make the decisions that he needs to make and be fair.

"He's got a lot of tough decisions coming up with the direction he's going. I just think it's fair if we all let him have some space and some time to kind of think about what he wants to do in the future."

Childress, who won six championships with Earnhardt Sr., has not been shy in the past regarding his desire to work with Dale the younger. And RCR is currently in expansion mode building an additional 90,000-square-feet for a fourth race team.

"We will sit and talk, I'm sure," Childress said. "You know I'm hoping he's considering us but I think right now we just give him some time and space to do his own due diligence on the race teams that he's looking at."

Childress said he has not spoke with Earnhardt since he made the announcement he was parting ways with Dale Earnhardt, Inc. on Thursday morning. He added that it was premature to discuss car numbers or particulars of any sort of a deal.

"Well I've been friends of the family for many years and I'm sure the time will come we'll talk," Childress said. "I apologize but we're here at Darlington, I got three teams that we're trying to come down here and win the race with. Junior's going to be trying to win the race and I just think being fair to everybody.

"I think this is just something that has to be kind of settled. I know you're doing your job, everybody here is doing their job trying to talk about it. I just think right now let us concentrate on Darlington, give Junior a little time and a little space and he'll make the decision and he'll make the right decision. I want to see him go (with) what's best for Junior because I've known Junior since he was a very, very young man."

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
BadBowtie said:
FOX25 Exclusive: Dale Earnhardt Jr. to Join Richard Childress Racing

Last Edited: Thursday, 10 May 2007, 8:57 PM EDT
Created: Thursday, 10 May 2007, 8:48 PM EDT

NASCAR drive Dale Earnhardt Jr talks about his future during a news conference at JR Motorsports in Mooresville, N.C., Thursday, May 10, 2007. Earnhardt Jr. will leave the company founded by his late father at the end of the year in a shake-up certain to ignite a bidding war for NASCAR's most popular driver. (AP Photo/Chuck Burton) You may not find this news to be a big deal locally, but it is nationally.

NASCAR's Dale Earnhardt Jr. will soon be racing under the same legendary #3 Chevy that his dad used to race in.

A source with direct knowledge of negotiations tells FOX25 that Dale Earnhardt Jr. has finalized a deal with Richard Childress Racing Thursday night and an official announcement will be coming soon.

What this means is that Dale Jr., NASCAR's most popular driver and one of the highest paid athletes in the world will now partner up with Richard Childress, the same man who Dale Earnhardt Sr. starting driving for in 1981.

At a press conference today to announce that he was leaving the company his late dad built, Dale Jr. said he would have mixed emotions about driving his dad's #3 Chevy, but again, FOX25 has learned that this is a done deal.
Well. I'm guessing Fox has been misinformed about Jr's future. Seems like from everything I have read and seen is that Jr. is looking at all his options and noone has finalized anything with him. Jr. Will announce what his plans are when the time comes but for the time being I think that if you are a Jr. fan this years diecast may be some of the hottest to date of Jr.s and Budwiesers long standing coalition with each other. It will be a wait and see situation from here on to see who Jr. drives for, what his sponsor is actually going to be and what car # he will be driving.

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
I agree, Jr. has made it very clear he is going to way his options, which would have eliminated most of those rumors, since he wants to take his time.!!! I would love to see him with RCR, but not in the 3 or 33. The 3 should be kept for when Jr. is close to retirement!!

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Car #3 is car #3. I think by putting him in there, people are going to expect Jr. to win non-stop and be the "Intimidator". Of course his popularity will SKYROCKET, news all over will show this and just because of the #3. No doubt it has history behind it, but it's going to a big dramatization if he ended up going to the 3 car. I hope Jr. can get to a team, and win some championships, and get his groove back so to say lol. I really would like to see him go to a successfull team, whether it's RCR, Hendricks, or Rousch. Best wishes to him! Just my two cents!

·
Registered
335 Posts
from what i heard on fox today, visa is throwing a ton of money, more than bud will, to sponser jr.

that would leave him open to gibbs, as gibbs has been pretty clear, he won't take jr. in an alcohol sponsered car.

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
I just find it hard not to see Jr. in a Bud or a GM Goodwrench Sponsored Car. It would be interesting!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts