Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Don't thank me, thank Justice Fruit Pies!
5,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RYR asked NASCAR to transfer the #38 to Hendrick for Dale Jr.: SPEED's Bob Dilner reported on Sunday's SPEED report that Robert Yates Racing has asked NASCAR if they could transfer the #38 to Hendrick Motorsports in 2008 for Dale Eanrhardt Jr. to use, the #3 in honor of his father, the late Dale Earnhardt, who ran the #3 [a few races in 1981 and then from 1984 until the 2001 Daytona 500 and won 6 of his 7 championships using #3] and the #8 of course is Dale Jr.'s car #8 since he came into the sport. No word what number David Gilliland would switch to, but RYR still has the license on the #28, last used in 2002 with Ricky Rudd and has used the #90 in the past.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Intresting concept. Wonder how much truth there is to it? Not that I would mine seeing that but wasn't that one of the reasons of Jr. leaving in the first place was to get his own idenity.

·
Don't thank me, thank Justice Fruit Pies!
5,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Larkin, he didn't want the number 3. He never said anything about not wanting a number with 3 in it at all.

·
Vengence is Mine
1,046 Posts
I am with Larkin on this one too, where is the identity in that number? There has been a 38 in every race for 10 years.
I was more looking for an 81, or something like that, something no one else has or has had for a while.

Remains to be seen I guess.

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
The #38 would be interesting. Jr. has said he wants nothing to do with the #3, which is understandable. Jr. has made the #8 a staple in the nascar community. I think the combination would be good, but there also other options going around right now!!

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
I agree with that, it's all rumors right now until the end of the year, but then again, THAT'S WHY THEY CALL IT THE SILLY SEASON!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts