Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news?slug=jb-jr012308&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

found this read kinda like a slap to the face. i know Jr and Teresa had their problems, but to wipe out the whole DEI shop of anything JR? Yea he hasnt ever been the best on the track at all times, but he was a staple of that shop and team, and for them to do it just doesnt seem right. i know it is their perogative to do it since they own it.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Sounds really juvenile to me. Theresa has been very childish through this whole thing. Kinda makes me wish she would fall on her ass in the racing business, if it weren't that Big E's legacy would go down a tad w/it.

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
Pretty sad, indeed. He WAS Dale Earnhardt Inc. for so many years. Of course with how reclusive Teresa is on the media... we may never know why this was done.

·
Vengence is Mine
1,046 Posts
It is business. I understand it perfectly. I can imagine it would not be too good for moral to have Dale Jr beat you on the track on Sunday, have your knew drivers show back up at the shop on Monday just to have him smiling at you all day!
He is her step son, they could just be all lovey dovey at the house. This is racing, it ain't personal, its all bidness.

It would be one thing if he retired, or left racing or something, but he didn't. He went and made himself the competition. DEI didn't leave JR, JR left DEI. I doubt he has big DEI pictures and posters in his new shop ... ::)

·
NASCAR The Steel Tornado
1,120 Posts
Maybe I'm wrong here but...it seems to me that Theresa is a gold digger!
Jr has had to put up with this over the years and got fed up....can't blame Him there!

For all we know He was under massive pressure from Her to be as good as His Dad to keep the $$$ flowing and it got to Him.
I'm sure there was some nasty stuff going on we don't even know about.

I think He made a good move and basically told Her to ____ off.
Now He can get back to racing with less stress!

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i can maybe understand some of the Jr stuff being taken down, but the Busch championship trophies too? those trophies are for the owners to boast and display that they were the teams owner when that chapionship was won.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Karz said:
Maybe I'm wrong here but...it seems to me that Theresa is a gold digger!
Jr has had to put up with this over the years and got fed up....can't blame Him there!

For all we know He was under massive pressure from Her to be as good as His Dad to keep the $$$ flowing and it got to Him.
I'm sure there was some nasty stuff going on we don't even know about.

I think He made a good move and basically told Her to ____ off.
Now He can get back to racing with less stress!
I'll bet if he has an office, he has DEI stuff displayed there. It is the same thing in my mind. The shops are the place of work for DEI and his office would be his place of work, other than the cockpit of course! LOL! Besides, they were team accomplishments, not just Jr. accomplishments.

·
Vengence is Mine
1,046 Posts
"For all we know" Jr told Theresa he was going to run her out of the business and would not be happy until he owned 100% of everything DEI.
"For all we know" Dale Sr. laid out a plan for Jr and DEI and Theresa is doing exactly what he wanted ...

point being, unless you are Dale Jr. or Theresa or Dale Sr ... "All you know" is nothing about this situation ...

jmo :eek:)

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
I can't blame DEI for doing that. But what can they show as far as the past!!! DEI was not a force til Jr. & Michael Waltrip, started wining!!! What are they going to do now??? And you're right she does need to go out with Brooke and go shopping, because the decisions she is making is running that shop down!!!
I guess when I go to Charlotte in May for the race I won't be going to DEI anymore!!!

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
FOLLOW UP

MOORESVILLE, N.C. (AP) -- Dale Earnhardt Jr. said his feelings about the removal of show cars and memorabilia at Dale Earnhardt Inc. were mischaracterized, and he has no ill will toward his late father's company.

Max Siegel, president of DEI's global operations, said Wednesday that the cars and memorabilia were returned to the showroom after the media luncheon on Jan 23.

``There is no anger or ill-feeling towards DEI, period,'' Earnhardt wrote Wednesday on his Web site. ``Nearly half the cars that were moved out of the showroom to accommodate the media tour consist of cars I've won races and championships with, and any fan of mine who wants a glimpse of my past can still and always will find it at DEI. I know that DEI is proud of its past.''

Earnhardt left DEI at the end of last season, and he'll drive for Hendrick Motorsports this year.The absence of Earnhardt-related items was noticed by media who attended a luncheon.

Unaware the show cars had simply been moved, media members questioned Earnhardt, who initially said he didn't care. But when questioned about it again Monday during testing at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, he said team members who were part of his Daytona 500 victory and two Busch Series championships should be recognized at the shop.

``I got to thinking about it, and it sort of hurt my feelings,'' he said Monday. ``It's sort of a hack at even the guys that are still there that worked on that car, to not see the accolades, any sort of appreciation for the work they did.''

Siegel has maintained for a week that the memorabilia was moved for the luncheon. He said Monday that ``as far as memorabilia, more than half of the showroom floor is dedicated to Dale Jr.'s history here.''

Earnhardt wrote on his Web site that ``Max Siegel has been nothing but honest, direct, and supportive. We both sincerely wish success for each other. We both want to move forward diligently with our individual futures in this sport.

``To continue to have to answer about the past makes it difficult for either one to achieve that. We're both solidly entrenched in new chapters of our lives, and it's a great feeling.''

sounds to me like a quick coverup on Teresas part. "o it was only for that one day". i dont know for sure of course, but that is how it looks.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Reason #88: Step-Mom

****ON A SIDE NOTE****

Reason for TMS billboard switch: unhappy Earnhardts

By STEPHEN HAWKINS, AP Sports Writer

FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) -- Reason No. 1 for Texas Motor Speedway to replace billboards: unhappy Earnhardts.

Four identical billboards referring to the strained relationship between Dale Earnhardt Jr. and his stepmother, Teresa, will be replaced within the next two weeks. The flap is over ads featuring a picture of the driver and the wording ``Reason #88: Step-Mom.''

TMS president Eddie Gossage said Thursday night that the billboards, part of a series of similar ads to promote the NASCAR Sprint Cup weekend at the track in April, will be changed after a request from Kelley Earnhardt Elledge, the driver's sister and business manager.

``The first thing I told her when I answered the phone was if you guys are uncomfortable with it, all you have to do is say the word,'' Gossage said. ``We had a very pleasant talk.''

No. 88 is a reference to Earnhardt's new car number with Hendrick Motorsports, the team he went to after last season when he decided to leave Dale Earnhardt Inc., his late father's company that is run by Teresa Earnhardt. He left DEI after months of contentious negotiations with his stepmother.

Earnhardt will still be displayed on the billboards, but the wording will change to ``Reason #88: New Car Smell.''

Gossage said Elledge thought the new slogan ``was cool, and Dale Jr. loved it.''

There are billboards with catchy slogans featuring the car numbers of three other drivers.

One features a wide-eyed, grinning Tony Stewart with ``Reason #20: Road Rage!'' Then there is one for Jeff Gordon with ``Reason #24: 81 Cup Wins. Zip At Texas!'', and one for two-time defending Sprint Cup champion Jimmie Johnson, ``Reason #48: Twice As Good As 24!''

After getting the call from Elledge, Gossage decided to make sure Stewart was all right with the No. 20 ad.

``I e-mailed Tony, `What do you think?' He thought they were hilarious,'' Gossage said.

Gossage said he didn't follow up with Gordon and Johnson, Earnhardt's new teammates with Hendrick, because the TMS president considers those slogans ``benign'' despite one small glitch. Johnson's slogan ``Twice As Good As 24!'' was supposed to end with a question mark, not an exclamation point.

Elledge told Gossage that she and her brother still have friends and family at DEI and want to see the company succeed, but that they were ``excited about Hendrick Motorsports'' and saw no reason to point to past issues.

``We were trying to be edgy,'' Gossage said. ``If this went over the line, in their opinion, we don't want to.''

There are 15 billboards, three featuring Johnson and four for each of the other drivers, displayed on Interstates and busy highways throughout the Dallas-Fort Worth area. Gossage said there will be similar-themed broadcast and print ads in the coming weeks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

i think that it was all in fun and games. i thought it was funny, but like usual somebody is going to get bent out of shape. if i were Jr i would have kept it the way it was......as a joke, nothing personal.

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
They all seem like they are making a joke of something, but the entire Jr. thing is getting old between DEI & Jr. If I were Jr. I would have left it the way it was Also!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts