Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just got home. Gotta say it was a great day. I finally got to meet Ty Dillon, i've met Austin 3 or 4 times but never Ty, had him sign a few things for me and talked to him for a minute, he's such a cool dude just like his older bro. Also met Dakota Armstrong, Brian Scott, Hal Martin, Matt Diabettadetto, Micheal McDowell, James Buscher, Mike Bliss, Sam Hornish Jr, Elliott Sadler and Eric McClure all at a autograph signing under the grandstands. Then went down to the pit road fan walk area, wasnt much to do down there so my mom (took her to her first race) decided to head back but she said "Hey isnt that a driver?" and i was like oh yeah its Hornish, then she pointed about 50 feet back and there was a pack of all sorts of Penske people, and right in the middle was Ryan Blaney which i couldnt pull my diecast truck out fast enough, i spoke up and said "Hey Ryan, can i get your autograph?" He said sure and made a B line for me, him i talked for a minute about his Truck race on Friday night, then he had to go. Not another single fan recognized him which was odd lol. Here are some photos of the stuff i got signed (didnt take photos of the hero cards yet, but all the guys i met at the signing i have one of).
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Car
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Vehicle Car Wheel Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire
Sky Vehicle Aircraft Airplane Monoplane
Sky Fence Racing Vehicle Crowd
Vehicle Car Tire Fence Mesh
Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Wheel
Communication Device Mobile phone Gas Font Gadget
Automotive tire Tire Bumper Automotive exterior Font
Amber Drink Material property Font Tints and shades
Vehicle Gas Gadget Electric blue Machine
Vehicle Hood Vehicle registration plate Motor vehicle Automotive lighting
Hand Automotive tire Drinkware Tire Gesture
Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Bumper Motor vehicle
Hand Finger Gesture Gadget Thumb
Jewel case Finger Toy Material property Gadget

·
Premium Member
6,613 Posts
Amazing pics - thanks for sharing. Glad you had a good time.

Reactions: Dillon3

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
I'm thinking about going to the race in August. Question for you. Can you see the back stretch from the bottom seats, or do you need to be up a bit higher? Just need to know what tickets to look at getting. Thanks for any input.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys, yes i had a lot of fun, Ryan Blaney should of won the race to, Sam Hornish was dominate but Blaney had a better car on the long runs, unfortunately for him it ended on a short run.

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm thinking about going to the race in August. Question for you. Can you see the back stretch from the bottom seats, or do you need to be up a bit higher? Just need to know what tickets to look at getting. Thanks for any input.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I dont think you can see the back stretch too well from Row 1 (dont quite know, never sat down there), i usually get inbetween rows 9-12 (depending on whats available) going into turn one and i can see the whole track and still be close to the action. Highly recommend going, not alot of crashes (which i like) just a lot of good hard racing and restarts and get crazy, heck even during long runs i saw guys going 3 wide into turns.

Reactions: vbplayr99

·
Closeted Logano Fan
23,969 Posts
@Dillon3
Looks like you had a blast, and congrats on the adds and autos! I've met Ty on multiple occasions, and he is a great guy! So appreciative and down to earth.

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
I dont think you can see the back stretch too well from Row 1 (dont quite know, never sat down there), i usually get inbetween rows 9-12 (depending on whats available) going into turn one and i can see the whole track and still be close to the action. Highly recommend going, not alot of crashes (which i like) just a lot of good hard racing and restarts and get crazy, heck even during long runs i saw guys going 3 wide into turns.
Thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
12,378 Posts
Glad you had an awesome time and got some great autographs.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts