Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,897 Posts
That I believe is a Dupont employee exclusive.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
A rare Gordon, if that's possible?

Here is another Dupont Employee Only piece, is it rare? Anybody know? Pretty high priced....http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230210063106&ssPageName=ADME:B:DBS:US:1123
I just looked and it's the same piece. Sorry guys, my fault.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Re: A rare Gordon, if that's possible?

I've seen a few of those on Ebay. The sellers try to hype those like the Harvick Elvis car. The only problem with them is, even though there is a low production on them, is that they look like every other Gordon car made.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts

That's what I thought, but didn't he drive a few cars w/different colored rear decklids or TV panels? I know that instead of Dupont on the quarters, it has Cromax, but that's about the only difference I see, but I/m not a Gordon afficianado.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts

I don't know Ken, it looks like you're posting a lot about Gordon lately. You becoming a Gordon fan on me?

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts

To be honest w/you, I used to really like him. He was originally one of the few sprint car guys that got a chance in Cup, and he ran well, so he was easy to like. I don't know what happened, cause I don't really dislike any of the drivers, but I don't care for him as much as I used to. I used to have a whole collection of his cars, but now the only ones I have left are the Jurassic Park and Chromapremiere and they are gone as soon as I can get something I want in trade for them. He just seems kinda unfeeling anymore, and is pretty cocky at times. Back when he was so dominant, I coulda understood it, but not now. Guess it's just me, but relax, I'm NOT a Gordon fan. LOL! BUT, there are guys I like alot less! I keep my eyes open for buys though, I can always use the stuff for trade fodder.

·
Registered
388 Posts
From what I can remember Gordon ran the CroMax Pro on the quarter panels in one race, maybe two. I don't believe it was ever released in a diecast version, except for this one.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Your right about the Cromax Pro. I believe that he drove it in two races. What I meant by the different color decklids and TV panels, I meant about besides the Cromax car. I wasn't clear I guess.

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
The Cromax was a special Version, I Can't remember if it ws for 1 or 2 races I will check it out!!!

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
He ran it on Feb 25th, 2007. It was a one race only on the rear quarters!!!
He finished 2nd in that race according to Jayski!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts