Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was picked again this month to recieve a kevin harvick daytona raced version white gold elite. 1/100. if there is anyone that wants it, i am offering it for my cost from the club. if no one wants it, i am going to cancel the order. anyone wants it, LMK.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
That's a very generous offer Mello, and one I have seriously considered. I must decline however as I have exceeded my budget recently with my recent acqusitions of the Shane Huffman White Gold/Platinum Elites and the Denny Hamlin White Gold Elites from last month, plus my splurge on the Harvick Fastbreak. It is very temtping, being the first raced version (to my knowledge) of a white gold that has been produced. (Of course, I am sure that if I am in error, you guys will let me know.)

Since MA has increased the production on the White Golds, I have noticed a substantial decrease in demand (and price as well) on Ebay. I generally onlyl put in for the drivers or cars that I want (i.e. Dale Jr., Harvick, Military cars) and was rather surprised to get three last month. I know that since Huffman was released that the two Navy cars are worth well less than what I paid for them, but since I was in the Navy, I wanted them anyway. Having the Marine White Gold made it even sweeter since I currently work at a joint Navy/Marine command and my job directly affects the Navy/Marine Corps team.

The good thing is that the dealers that are now mass ordering these cars are now getting stuck with cars that they can't make a large profit on, as is evidenced by the cars that are sitting on Ebay and are selling for the retail price (or less). Since they increased the production of the WG to 1000 this year, it has actually driven down the demand of the cars from last year too, so the scalpers that have the cars sitting on EBay for $500-$1000 will just keep sitting on them.

Anyway, thanks for the offer Mello-- good on ya!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts