Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got totally fed up with k-mart. the toy section is all over the store, basically, and empty pegs in the isles. i got sears holdings customer service line. gave them a list of about 20 things wrong in the store, from the shoplifting i've seen, to roaches in hot dog rolls. plus names. they promised me a "spot team" would now investigate this store. a suprise inspection will be done, and appropriate measures taken to get in new management to get it right. i was promised a return call. but, if they really do it, i won't need a call. i go in there every day and complain to management, and have gotten employees to take pictures on their cell phones of the stock rooms in such a mess, so i'll know if it hits the fan.

anyone else having k-mart trouble and has the guts to call and be professional ( and still read them the riot act) and let them know your k-mart is a disaster like ours, let me know, i'll post the phone number. you'll need the store number, that's on a receipt or ask customer service in the store.

it's toll free to sears holding company customer service. make sure you don't get "francisco" he's in trouble now, he tried to push me off. so i hung up and called back and got his supervisor on the line. talked to me almost half an hour. don't know how much this will help. my efforts are causing trouble and having an effect, i do know that. some of the store is or has been cleaned up. but it's taking too long, so i went to the top. next i'll write the c.e.o. (and i'll do it)...........

i left the number at work. will be a day or so for me to get it on here if you want it. you can't call till monday anyway.

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
If the store is such a disaster and a health concern with roaches why the hell do you keep going there?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
first,it's a mile away. i've gotten alot of good hot wheels and other stuff over the years, WHEN the stuff gets put out. so, i'm bent on raising enough h$%# and trouble for them until it's straightened out and run the way it used to be. walmart and target are about 10 miles away. so, it's my only shot at many items i look for, like hot wheels, greenlight, johnny lightning, etc. and for that matter househoild items you need in everyday life without driving 10 miles to get them.

my complaining at this k-mart has done alot. it's gone on a good 8 years. in the 90's i complained about a manager. he was watched and caught stealing items for his boat for repair and general maintenance. also taking items (toys) for his kids. i was tipped off by an employee when the hot wheels went dry. the manager was set up by k-mart, caught and fired. next manager was good for awhile, then he got really lax. i complained to corporate about lack of product and where it was going?, turns out the manager had embezzled almost $10,000.00 from k-mart here. made the newspaper and everything. they walked in on a friday night and he was taken away by police. next manager never did her job, and she was sick of the complaining and left in a year. the next 2 quit without notice, as the k-mart was and is a nightmare and they got sick of my b#$#$ to them about the mess, and their bosses telling them to get it fixed.. then there was no manager for almost a year, only assistants, who came and went like the sun rises and sets. the store just kept getting worse, till it looks like an outlet warehouse. i've continued complaining. now they are getting serious. the store is starting to get cleaned up. today the cafe was the cleanest i've ever seen it. obviously scrubbed top to bottom. so word is already filtered down. the floors have all now been washed and waxed as of today. and for the first time in maybe 8 months there were more than 2 cashiers, and no lines 15 people deep. someone was in the garden center and i was told by one of the people working there, the guy was not to leave the cash regiter, as people walk out without paying since the register is right by the door.

i was told friday, sears holding corp. won't deal with this store any longer as k-mart did, and it appears they mean it.. i was told sears will bring people in and straighten it up from the regional manager down after inspections and inventories etc. are done to see about the stealing i was informed of going out the back door by some employees, mainly in the form of t.v.'s...... heads will again roll. but, they have promised in the near future, new management will be in place where necessary to clean this place up, or, just plan close the place down if sears deems it the best solution.

i may end up having gotten it shut down if the fire marshalls surprise inspection finds it necessary. they were cited before christmas for fire violations. and i've gotten back to him with more info., including photos from employees of the stock room and how it's back the way it was before christmas. each to his own, but i take time to compliment places or people when i get good service. and i will rake them over the coals until it's fixed, if it's bad. works both ways, if you've time to compliment, you've time to [email protected]#$% till it's right. that's why stores have customer service. but not at the store. you have to go corporate. i did the same with a dollar general. got the mid atlantic regional manager here on a store. it's spotless now with a new good manager. but i had to go to their corporate headquarters via phone and emails, and make enough noise till they realized it was a real problem. that's what i've done at this k-mart, and about 3 employees are helping me, they want the place to be cleaned up or closed also. as it stands, it's blight in our city.

i see people complain on every website about service, employees taking out of inventory first, all sorts of complaining. but, no one has the guts to do anything about it. well, i do. and have no sympathy if you complain on a website about service, etc. ad don't act on it. if it's bad and you don't make a serious attempt to correct it, get the people out of there, then don't complain. it's not the stores fault, it's the complainers fault for putting up with the crap.

yeah, i get some dirty looks, from the people there not to work, but just to punch a clock, and get a check. but i don't care, those people won't be working there long.

·
Banned
4,757 Posts
found a number of kmarts in a run down condition on our trip this year the restrooms were some of the worse we have seen ether side of the pond even complained in a couple about the standard the desk said there would be sorted but as we were toring around we did not get back to check
mind you kmarts standards have gone downhill since the chapter 11 closures (well at least in florida anyway ) both in the stock some carry to yes the food where it is still served
as for wal mart in the 60 stores we visited this year i can say were clean the food 1st class only complaiment were those 07 empty pegs that plagued us for 3 weeks and then again one stores rest room was a mess with no locks on the stall doors found nothing wrong with the targets

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
update 4-5-07

latest manager given 2 weeks notice. that's after my calls last week. as well as others are being released.
this is the 4th turnover in management in 8 months. hopefully sears holding will get it right. i'll keep bugging them till they do. already people there from upper management looking over the store today i was told.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
just a question kwik, without starting an argument, if you are that unhappy about the kmart, why do you go out of your way to shop at it? go shop somewhere else. i understand its close but if its a mess move on. how about this one, apply for manager.

i understand that the store is a mess, but if i was in the same situation that you are in where it never has anything new and the store is run down then i just wouldnt go back. but you instead go back and go back just so you can complain about the store.

·
Premium Member
24,084 Posts
joker_20 said:
just a question kwik, without starting an argument, if you are that unhappy about the kmart, why do you go out of your way to shop at it? go shop somewhere else. i understand its close but if its a mess move on. how about this one, apply for manager.

i understand that the store is a mess, but if i was in the same situation that you are in where it never has anything new and the store is run down then i just wouldnt go back. but you instead go back and go back just so you can complain about the store.
But why wouldn't you strive to make it better for you and your community? I wish more people took this approach to improve places like this.

·
Beep Beep
914 Posts
i cannot put a finger on why people still shop in our store, its always a mess, with the exception of my area, but honestly the bottom price is people know that the store sells what they want, whether or not they actually have it on the shelf is another story, still gets them back into the store and honestly thats all the managers and higher ups care for.

·
Blast from the past
5,166 Posts
I agree with Sall's point. Look at this way...Daily I hear people say how much better we are over the Zone....Yet why do they still go there? Because the Zone carries more "shit" then we do. I seriously had a guy today mad at me because we didn't sell more flipping stickers! People will shop at a place if they have the slightest chance of getting something cool. However convenience is #1 for many people with high gas prices. I have Shop and Save in the same parking lot as work and a Schnucks off Jeffco and 141 on my way home...I pass both shop at both all the time...Only go to wal-mart for my meds now. Why? Because it takes me 15 min. to get to a wal-mart and 5 to get to Schnucks plus less gas is used.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that's the point. it's not out of our way. i live a mile away. walmart is out of our way, it's 9 miles to either, and target is next door to walmart. i might get there once a week. i can go to k-mart everyday.

when it's well run, they get in loads of diecast, hot whhels, maisto, greenlight, you name it. and nascar if you collect it. but with the mess it's in, i've seen photos on employees cell phones of the stock room which is loaded with toys of all kind, not being stocked because of lack of people, and people there not working. and the pegs are empty except all the nascar wc from last year. stuff that came out a year ago. and you never know where you'll find anything. clothes in toys, toys in greeting cards, etc. all the time, not just once in awhile.

and that just scrartches th surface of the stores problems. which i've been thru on here. i want it better, so we can shop there and it isn't a blight. ollies is cleaner and more organized right now. last night there were easter baskets all over the place, and i was stepping on candy laying in the aisle from open baskets, and bags. the sports card section had numerous open packs with cards all over the floor, where's security, just watching?

i'm not the only one. the fire marshall is all over them now also, as i saw a new photo yesterday on an employees cell phone where they had to move a ton of stuff in the stock room off the main breaker box on the wall.

and it's not just me, the good employees who want to work are after them also to get the store fixed. then theres the lackies who hate it and just don't show up any more, which is managements fault for hiring them in the first place.

to you it's complaining. i'm not complaining. we are working to fix the problems. call it what term describes it, but it's not just complaining. that's making statements you do nothing about. i doing one heck of alot to get this place straight. 4 management turnovers in 8 months? used to be a manager would be here for years in the 90's. it's hitting a nerve somewhere in upper management. and this one only took a week.

·
Vengence is Mine
1,046 Posts
Of course, once the owners and managers get tired of dealing with all the bs, they can just pick up and move or just leave altogether ... leaving you with NO option but to drive all the way to walmart and wishing for the days when you had a store close by, messy as it was.

messy store or no store?

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
BLACKER said:
Of course, once the owners and managers get tired of dealing with all the bs, they can just pick up and move or just leave altogether ... leaving you with NO option but to drive all the way to walmart and wishing for the days when you had a store close by, messy as it was.

messy store or no store?
well said. that was pretty much my point but you got it in less words.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
to answer your question. it's such a blight in the city, people are slowly lining up that it's either cleaned up, or shut down. why worry? walmart will open here. there's plenty of business. and a 687 home development is about to be started 2 miles away. shut it down if it isn't cleaned up. something better will move there, or walmart will buy the land and put up a store. the walmarts here are spotless. as is the target. and for that matter ollies, big lots, FD, and DG, eckards, and rite aid to name a few, are all better.

this k-mart is in a strip mall. with a pet's er., a church with 1200 members, a huge fitness center, indoor golf, a radio stations base, health food store, etc. it's prime property, so closing it would be just as good as fixing it.

so to answer your question, as my neighbors said, "they never have what we want, and if they do, we'd wait a half hour to check out. close it up, or fix it. something better will move in, and increase property value."
i don't own property, i just want it fixed or closed. i haven't found anything there in any diecast except k-day for hot wheels, and 2 greenlights in at least a year. so, i've nothing to lose. actually found more at ollies than k-mart in toys. found 4 white lightnings (which i don't keep, only treasure hunts i keep), i sold those 4 cars, for over $200.00 and paid a $1.69 each at ollies.

and things are happening at k-mart. i saw today coming home from work for lunch, the entire stock room on one end, had the freight door opened and a forklift w/ driver, was taking everything out. crap all over the parking lot. a great site! boxes busted open, stuff flying around.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Was at the Roseville Mi. K-Mart, pretty clean, well organised store with a great grocery section.
Yesterday they had some more 2006 1/24's.
Mayfield Dodge Dealers, Jarret UPS, Busch ROTY, etc.
Got the Mayfield, I hope the missing 06's turn up in the K-Marts because they havent stocked any 07's yet.
The old 1/64's are at 10% off and slowly moving out. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts