1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
1,280 Posts
Kasey Kahne announced he will run a truck for turner motorsports at rockingham on racehub and on twitter. just when i was thinking it might be a good race without any cup drivers.
I think it will be even better now...Truck Series doesn't have problems with Cup Regulars drivin(especially since KB stopped) so I don't mind seeing 1 or 2 every once in awhile.

The Nationwide series on the other hand...ehh..

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it will be even better now...Truck Series doesn't have problems with Cup Regulars drivin(especially since KB stopped) so I don't mind seeing 1 or 2 every once in awhile.

The Nationwide series on the other hand...ehh..
cup drivers won 14 out of 25 truck races last year (1 for waltrip, 1 for bowyer, 1 for hamlin, 1 for kahne, 6 for busch, and 4 for harvick).

that means cup drivers won 56% of the races. i call that a problem.

·
Formerly mwr1556
11,242 Posts
cup drivers won 14 out of 25 truck races last year (1 for waltrip, 1 for bowyer, 1 for hamlin, 1 for kahne, 6 for busch, and 4 for harvick).

that means cup drivers won 56% of the races. i call that a problem.
Well that's a lot better than Cup drivers winning 28 out of 34 Nationwide races (82%). I don't mind Cup drivers participating, I just dont like when the same ones race every week.

BTW Kahne has won 3/4 truck races he participated in and finished 2nd in the only race he lost. That's a pretty stellar record.

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well that's a lot better than Cup drivers winning 28 out of 34 Nationwide races (82%). I don't mind Cup drivers participating, I just dont like when the same ones race every week.
i wouldn't mind if they had it where cup drivers could do 3 truck races a year (and none of the stand alone events) and no more than 10 nationwide races (and none of the stand alone events). no more than 1 cup driver per truck race and no more than 3 cup drivers per nationwide race. if you run a lower series race on a companion weekend, you have to miss one cup practice session (because the track time they get in the nationwide or truck race is an unfair advantage) and start at the rear of both races. i also think they should cut cup drivers purses in lower series by 60-80%.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts

BTW Kahne has won 3/4 truck races he participated in and finished 2nd in the only race he lost. That's a pretty stellar record.
So that shows that Kahne is pretty good in trucks and doesn't belong there. Just like Busch, Harvick, Edwards, etc., he is a Cup driver and needs to stay in the Cup series and stop beating up on the lower series drivers.

·
Premium Member
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So that shows that Kahne is pretty good in trucks and doesn't belong there. Just like Busch, Harvick, Edwards, etc., he is a Cup driver and needs to stay in the Cup series and stop beating up on the lower series drivers.
exactly. they have no competition whatsoever when they run those races. do they actually have fun in those races knowing that no one can possible beat them? if so, they need a serious attitude and ego adjustment.

·
Look Who's Back!!
2,265 Posts
In the Rockwell Auto Parts # 4.

Oh you'll see plenty more before the race. Everyone wants to drive in the first race back at the Rock.

·
Just CraZy
20,750 Posts
I also heard that Jeff Burton would like to run there too. But this is redemption for Kahne after he barely lost in 2004. Im sure that was a race he would like to have won.

·
"For once, just shut up"
6,090 Posts
to me Kahne isn't one of the guys regularly beating up on the competition...I think he's one of those guys who just likes to race anything with wheels and isn't one of the cup regulars who'd put a guy in the wall just to win a lower division race...also to a point having cup guys in there steps the competition up a little more to make it more fun and give the truck/nationwide guys a bit more taste and challenge of racing...I know it can be argued easily either way, I have little problem with it...puts butts in seats..

·
Formerly mwr1556
11,242 Posts
Does anyone have a pic of the truck or has it even been unveiled yet? I didnt watch race hub so I dont know.

·
Gordon to Blaney
5,574 Posts
I don't have a problem with it, Cup guys running a handful of races in the lower series is fine with me. It's when they run 15-20+ that is annoying.

Cup guys have ran in the lower series since they were formed, it's nothing new.

·
Premium Member
607 Posts
Looking forward to the race at the Rock. I would like to see a few more cup/NWS guys there that weekend.....and hope to see the Rock on the NWS schedule next year.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts