Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that some of you have rather large collections. What program are you guys using to keep track of your collections? I'm getting to a point where I need to start keeping an inventory of what I have. I thought about making my own with Excel but I would like something a little fancier. I downloaded the program from allnascardiecast.com and it seems to be ok. I was just looking for other options that some of you may really like.

Thanks

·
No Agony, No Bragony
3,717 Posts
I have the program from allnascardiecast.com. It's okay, but they don't update their database very well, and the current values seem pretty off. I also have an excel document that I used to keep track of my spending.

The website idea seems pretty cool.

·
The Mad Documenter!
3,299 Posts
I spent a week and a half going through everything last July/August. I had never had any idea how many cars I had until I typed it all in. Each year from 1990-2007 has it's own sheet, all 80s cars on one sheet and all the earlier cars on one sheet. In addition, there are seperate sheets for Trucks, SCM kits, oddballs (Like event/track cars, color chrome, etc), other scale and several for my Customs. One of my favorite sheets is the stat sheet, where I have all the numbers for each season compiled in several diffrent forms, all with graphs to them. I also, during this project, figured out how many cars I have from each manufacturer (Racing Champions Basic leads the way with 1101, currently) and have that graphed as well.

All on Excel.

It's one of the best tools I've ever created...And, I had purchased several cars several times over, forgetting that I had already purchased them. That has not happened since I created my chart.

Also, creating the chart got me more familair with my collection, I now know every car, and more importantly, weather I have it or not.

My Advice: Create your own in Excel!

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Up until last month, I was keeping track of everything I had from memory. It all came about wanting to unload some of my 1/64's, but had no idea what was stashed away. I started an inventory, finding cars that I forgot that I had. I have pretty much hand written just about every car (NASCAR related) I have in a notebook and I still have problems trying to find certain ones. Who knows what JL's and HW's I have packed away. I will have to try the Excel route or maybe Access.

·
Vengence is Mine
1,046 Posts
I made a database in Access a few years back, but never transferred it to my new pc. I was lazy and only half ass updated it anyways.

I have a spreadsheet, but same story. I am dividing most everything up in to groups right now for selling anyways, so it will not be a big issue for long.

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
I have a spreadsheet on Lotus, which I update the values periodically. As far on a website, wccollector.com is the best website for noting which Winners Circle cars are out there. Carey hasn't updated it a while, but is normally very good with updates!!

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Carey is looking for someone to take over the site now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts