Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Camaro Crazy
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This was my first attempt at making a custom.
I guess it´s a learning process. There are some things I´m happy with and some that didn´t work out as I had hoped or wished.

Overall though I guess the result isn´t too shabby for a first and I will be able to take all the experience I gathered with me for future projects so overall I´m happy :biggrin:

·
#BadMofo
15,981 Posts
I don't think it looks that bad, I can see a few things but it's a heck of a lot better then I could do

·
Registered
57 Posts
I don't really notice anything wrong with it and I should be able to because you take some amazingly great pictures. I am going to attempt a couple customs myself and i hope mine end up as good as yours did. Nice job my friend!!!!

·
Jeff Gordon Crazy
1,018 Posts

This was my first attempt at making a custom.
I guess it´s a learning process. There are some things I´m happy with and some that didn´t work out as I had hoped or wished.

Overall though I guess the result isn´t too shabby for a first and I will be able to take all the experience I gathered with me for future projects so overall I´m happy :biggrin:
You Can Send It To Me lol

·
Impartially partial
9,048 Posts
Very nice! I've never attempted to make a custom, and I probably never will! My hands aren't steady enough to do it! After growing up behind a drum kit, the nerves in my hands are just too 'shaky'. LOL!

Two thumbs up from me!

·
Camaro Crazy
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you for the kind comments.

Yes, I am quite happy with the results, even if the roof number isn´t perfect and the air intakes on the front aren´t exactly centered. It will still end up in my display next to the Action made Matt Crafton KISS truck.

The good thing, I am not afraid of trying a full wrap next :biggrin:

·
Gordon to Blaney
5,574 Posts
looks great, especially for your first try. Nice job.

·
Camaro Crazy
2,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the kind words man.

This customizing is about as addictive as buying diecast though. I am already considering what my next custom could be. I´d love to add some more Pontiacs to my collection.

·
Prototype CraZy!
3,082 Posts
Looks great! If you didn't mention what were out place, I would've not been able to point em out easily. Still, for a first timer, great job!

·
Premium Member
831 Posts
It definitely looks great my friend. I'm hoping i can have some success in a few customs whenever i find the time and get a few more resources! maybe a lessons learned thread is in order for custom makers??

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
Great looking work!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts