Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
#BadMofo
15,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just noticing, that the KISS car that Action produced was different then the one that appears to have ran.

If you look at the front bumper and the sides of the diecast it has the yellowish color to it

Then if you look at the actual car, it barely has the yellow, and has a different skirt and nose color

Was this a case of the car looking different in the first place or what happened?

·
#BadMofo
15,981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
just noticed the grills and exhaust as well

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
You mean, even back then they made diecast that weren't accurate? NOOOOO, say it isn't so!

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using Tapatalk

·
Camaro Crazy
2,691 Posts
It is interesting to see the differences between the two.

The exhaust can easily be explained I guess. On diecast it always exits on the same side (the topic that molds are expensive and stuff), where as on a racecar the exit can be changed easily. As I understood the side where the exhaust exits is related to the track that´s raced on (correct me if I´m wrong).

The more interesting questions might be:

1) The yellow skirt and airdam. Is that just an artistic impression? It seems to fit better to the paintscheme then the pink airdam (most likely salvaged from a GMGW livery) and black skirts on the real car.

Were these parts damaged during the race or practice and replaced?

2) The NASCAR Race Car sticker on the A post of the diecast is not seen on the real car. Where did it go? What´s it for?

There are some further differences. I guess some of them are scale mismatch issues like the hood decal

·
Registered
45 Posts
It is interesting to see the differences between the two.

The exhaust can easily be explained I guess. On diecast it always exits on the same side (the topic that molds are expensive and stuff), where as on a racecar the exit can be changed easily. As I understood the side where the exhaust exits is related to the track that´s raced on (correct me if I´m wrong).

The more interesting questions might be:

1) The yellow skirt and airdam. Is that just an artistic impression? It seems to fit better to the paintscheme then the pink airdam (most likely salvaged from a GMGW livery) and black skirts on the real car.

Were these parts damaged during the race or practice and replaced?

2) The NASCAR Race Car sticker on the A post of the diecast is not seen on the real car. Where did it go? What´s it for?

There are some further differences. I guess some of them are scale mismatch issues like the hood decal
The pic of the real car must be a a weird angle. I was at the race when he ran this car and the NASCAR Race Car sticker is on the real car he ran. I attached a picture of the car I took from pit road. I can't explain the yellow skirt and airdam

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
My guess would be the diecast was created from the original rendering and the car hit the track with some changes.
Need another example look at the Harvick Ice Breakers car for 2004. The render was one scheme, the diecast was another scheme (Prototypes used the original render) and the car that hit the track was different from both of them.

·
RCR/Realtree CraZy
913 Posts
My guess would be the diecast was created from the original rendering and the car hit the track with some changes.
Need another example look at the Harvick Ice Breakers car for 2004. The render was one scheme, the diecast was another scheme (Prototypes used the original render) and the car that hit the track was different from both of them.

If that Ice Breakers die cast looked like it did on the track, it would be WAY more popular than it is. That car sparkled like a diamond in a goat's ass.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
The NASCAR Race Car decal is only given to cars that have passed inspection (qualifying inspection, perhaps). Picture was taken during a practice session.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
just noticed the grills and exhaust as well
The grille is just a mold issue. All of the cars tend to be molded in a speedway format where they have fewer grilles. The Kiss car is a short track car that has an extra grille on each side that feeds straight into the brake ducts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts