Diecast Crazy Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
Ok folks here is your chance. I had bought 2 from RCR a few weeks ago and the person I bought the second one for has backed out of the deal ( no one from the site, a local friend )

2011 Kevin Harvick Okuma signed by Kevin Harvick

I ask that you please send me offers via PM and the highest offer in a day or two will get it. I am in Canada and shipping will be 25 dollars to the USA and 15 with in Canada

you guys know the market value of this car so please dont waste my time and yours with ridiculous offers as I will not respond to low ballers.. and please dont give me grief about what it sells for and about collectors helping collectors.. I have two and am selling one on here.. if it doesent sell here its staying with me ( no ebay ) ..

I am letting YOU the buyers dictate the price and as we all know with some cars you gotta "pay to play"

I will try to respond to all pms either saying yes or no and I will have pics up in my album hopefully by lunch time

thanks

pics have been posted in my "recent adds" album

·
Premium Member
1,984 Posts
Just putting it out there but I have seen and also heard from multiple members that this site is built around CHC so if your looking to get 100,200,300 dollars for this car you might as well go to ebay. I understand how the ebayiers are going extremely high on these cars but that's how ebay always is when they first arrive in peoples hands and go up for sale on there. As i said this is just my opinion others and yourself may not agree but it is what it is i guess.

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Based on the offers I am recieving I have no need to go to ebay, and I feel that by offering up for sale on website that is dedicated to collectors I am doing the CHC thing... I also feel that anyone that purchases it through this site will appreciate more then anyone on ebay that is why it up for sale here and no where else..

and like I said I am letting the buyers dictate the price.. as long as I atleast get my 59.99, plus 18 dollars that i paid to get it shipped to Canad and the 19 dollars I had to pay for duty upon delivery from UPS I am more then happy

·
Registered
549 Posts
Just putting it out there but I have seen and also heard from multiple members that this site is built around CHC so if your looking to get 100,200,300 dollars for this car you might as well go to ebay. I understand how the ebayiers are going extremely high on these cars but that's how ebay always is when they first arrive in peoples hands and go up for sale on there. As i said this is just my opinion others and yourself may not agree but it is what it is i guess.
I don't think $100-$150 is unreasonable at all and would be doing the buyer a favor. $300 would be pushing it as that is close to eBay, without paying the eBay fees.

Considering an offer, but holding out for now.

·
Premium Member
12,381 Posts
You think he will sell for $150?:crazy:

·
High End Collecting
4,718 Posts
I don't think $100-$150 is unreasonable at all and would be doing the buyer a favor. $300 would be pushing it as that is close to eBay, without paying the eBay fees.

Considering an offer, but holding out for now.
Just putting this out there, but [MENTION=24]kspool[/MENTION] bought 4 Okuma cars and sold 3 of them to members who did not get one for exactly what he paid. He didn't even consider going to Ebay and selling them for more than what he paid. That is true CHC to me. JMO

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
Forget it, he's not interested in CHC he's looking for top dollar. I offered shwa_guy double what he paid for it plus the shipping cost from Canada .... said it wasn't enough

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
I have another perspective on this, and some of you may be surprised, and honestly, I think he may be better off taking this to Ebay. I am not sure why his friend backed out, and that is between him and his friend, but unless he sells it here to someone he knows is a Harvick collector and won't resell it, he is taking a big risk on getting burned.

True, I bought four and resold them for my cost plus shipping and insurance to the buyers, but the 4 I resold were to members I am almost 100% sure won't resell them for profit. I would be pretty pissed if I sold this car to someone for say, $120-$150 and then it showed up on Ebay for $300-$350, and I know it's happened. Part of the appeal of this car is its rarity, and even some non-Harvick collectors are going after it. Initially, I was against him selling it for a big profit, but I thought about it and understand why he doesn't want to let it go for a song.

CHC is one thing, and if I know without a doubt a car is going to someone for their collection, I won't hesitate to help them. On the other hand, CHC doesn't mean selling a car to someone to line their wallets, and when you sell a car to a complete stranger (and that means someone you haven't established a relationship with, even online), you always take that risk. I don't know how many offers he has received, but I would recommend he either keep it (I would) or take it to Ebay, start the bidding at $1 and set a reserve and see where it goes.

I am not accusing anyone of anything here, but just put yourselves in his place and think about it.

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
Forget it, he's not interested in CHC he's looking for top dollar. I offered shwa_guy double what he paid for it plus the shipping cost from Canada .... said it wasn't enough

You did not offer me double what I paid for it..you offered me double what the car was sold for on the RCR site.. to get that car from the RCR website into my posession it was $98 USD... convert that to canadian whatever the rate was that particular day it was $106 CND and in my mind that is what I paid for it.. and no offer of $196 USD came from you.

You Americans have no idea how lucky you are getting free or cheap shipping domestic shipping.. and not having to deal with paying duty just to get a car. Some of you may say "well its not my fault you had to pay more shipping or duty" and yes that is true.. but it does not mean I am going to eat that cost out of my pocket escpcially on a car like this knowing its demand.

for me to even break even on this after shipping it to someone in the US someone is going to have to pay $122

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Well, here's my take on things. My opinion may have something do with me being raised in the south, who knows. I've always been taught to treat people the way I wanted to be treated. I've grown up around a lot of people, and been raised by 2 whom have practiced that exact principle to its fullest. I know if I had 2 Okuma cars, I'd sell the other one for the retail price from the RCR site if there was an avid Harvick collector, like myself, searching for one. I can back that up as well, because I have sold a couple of sought after pieces for very reasonable amounts on here.

Now, if someone had a rare Kasey car for sale on here, wouldn't you want them to at least put forth a reasonable deal? Maybe not retail price, but not too much higher. I know of a few folks on here, if I were looking for a rare Harvick car, they would do their best to make my transaction the best possible relative to price. This is why I offer to sale at reasonable prices, because others do the same for me.

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
if i sold for retail and they paid shipping I would lose $37 dollars on the transaction... on some random car that is fine... but this car is not some random car

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
You did not offer me double what I paid for it..you offered me double what the car was sold for on the RCR site.. to get that car from the RCR website into my posession it was $98 USD... convert that to canadian whatever the rate was that particular day it was $106 CND and in my mind that is what I paid for it.. and no offer of $196 USD came from you.

You Americans have no idea how lucky you are getting free or cheap shipping domestic shipping.. and not having to deal with paying duty just to get a car. Some of you may say "well its not my fault you had to pay more shipping or duty" and yes that is true.. but it does not mean I am going to eat that cost out of my pocket escpcially on a car like this knowing its demand.

for me to even break even on this after shipping it to someone in the US someone is going to have to pay $122
Very true, I know mine was $81 shipped from RCR, plus another $19 in fees to UPS. I am not looking to sell mine, but I agree, it would take at least $122 for me to not lose money on it. Some people just don't understand.

It's the same when I sell anything, people are often interested until I tell them the shipping price, then they don't want it anymore, yet when the shoe is on the other foot, they always charge me more to ship here to Canada. Go figure!

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Really .... How many times are we going to have this same argument about this same car...... REALLY??!!
I agree... car is OFF THE MARKET.... i am not having this thread turn into a shit show like the last 3 threads about this car

no more PM's please

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you Amorse

and thanks Yukon.... being a fellow canadian you how it is with shipping/duties etc

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.