Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
:sneak: Oh Joker where art thou?? :sneak:

Joker_20 is a Big Kiss fan!! Wait until he posts!! I'm betting he shows you a taste of his being a fan!!

I've listened to them since I was a teenager! Still love there music!!

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
KISS was one of the first bands I liked, when i was a kid back in the 70'S. I think you have this in the wrong place though, it should be in the INFIELD. You are going to find a lot of people defending th KISS Army forever, Bud!!! And I am one them, from the old days!

·
GO GATORS !!!
1,492 Posts
You guys need to talk to The Bish. He has one of the largest collections of KISS memorabilia you have ever seen. Send him a PM and he will be more than happy to talk KISS history with you.

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
I was an original KISS fan in the day and have a lot of the OLD Memorabilia, in storage. Someday for sale when I need to, which may be soon!!!

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
where do i start........i have been listening to KISS since i was 4. my first cassette was Destroyer. i still have all the cassettes from the begining up until the band started falling apart. several still in the wrapper never opened. i still have several original vinyl albums. i have 2 1:24 action cars, Hornaday #2 and Crafton #6 both signed by Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley. i still have an original copy of the KISS comic. i have seen them in concert twice and was actually able to bring my son to see them the last time. he is also a fan of the band since he was about 4. when i told him i had tickets to go see them he about flipped his mind. needless to say a very cool day for both of us as not only was it for one of his favorite bands but it was also his first concert. on a side note one of his other favorites is Drowning Pool and they were the opening act at the concert. if they were to come back through again i would be one of the first in line to buy tickets again. my only regret is that my daughter wont be able to see them in concert as they will be well retired by the time she will be able to remember the concert in great detail. they throw one hell of a concert and i have been to probably 40 or so different concerts and i would have to put them up as one of the top shows i have been to.

KISS ARMY FOREVER

·
Registered
561 Posts
Cool topic. I happen to have a KISS lunchbox on Ebay right now which proves they still rock. Sooooo folks. Do any of you remember the days of playing the record backwards and what the two demonic acronyms KISS stood for in those crazy days?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yea i nevr really liked the way they looked and stuff and ive heard a ton of their songs but didnt know it was them. the only song i knew by them was "Rock and Roll All Night". what songs do you guys like? i like Love Gun, Detroit Rock City- Favorite!- Love Gun, Strutter, and a few others i cant think of roght now

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
I'm gonna really show my age...the first time I saw "Kiss", I came home from school, and they were on "The Mike Douglas Show". Anybody remember that? LOL! That night they were in a town near me (Erie, Pa.) so I went and saw them, and (get this), "Rush" opened up for them! They were both on tour for their first albums. That was a LONG time ago.
Prolly before most posters on this thread were even born....again, damn, I'm old.....
Their first three albums (IMO) were their best, "Kiss", "Hotter Than Hell", and "Dressed To Kill", but in the last few years, one of their songs that I really like was "Domino". AH, good ole "Rock n' Roll"!

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
kimsdad said:
Cool topic. I happen to have a KISS lunchbox on Ebay right now which proves they still rock. Sooooo folks. Do any of you remember the days of playing the record backwards and what the two demonic acronyms KISS stood for in those crazy days?
you wouldnt happen to be talking about "Knights In Satan's Service" would you?

KISS never meant "Knights In Satan's Service". That was the name that some group {I think mothers against Kiss} said KISS stood for, not members of KISS themselves. Just like the band W.A.S.P., KISS doesn't particularily stand for anything. There are a lot of claims but the band has stated the picked it because it was short, simple and cool and mysterious. It could be a romantic thing or it could be a kiss of death.

Stanley came up with the name (taken from the New York Dolls song "Looking for a kiss"), and Frehley created the now-iconic logo (making the "SS" look like lightning bolts). The runic letters happened to look similar to the insignia of the Nazi SS, or Waffen-SS, a symbol that is now illegal to display in Germany. Therefore, in Germany, all of the band's album covers and merchandise used a modified version of the logo, in which the "SS" looks like a backwards "ZZ."

The band's name has been rumored to have many hidden meanings, among them an acronym for "Knights In Satan's Service." The band has consistently denied this, stating that Paul Stanley simply chose the name on the spur of the moment.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I know, I was hoping some of our younger viewers would hear the rumor and start a whole new conspiracy theory.
:rofl:

·
Crazy Supporter
11,650 Posts
I have liked KISS for a long time, I remember back in the 80s when all the rock bands were somehow related to being devil worshipers and whatnot.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
geebi said:
I have liked KISS for a long time, I remember back in the 80s when all the rock bands were somehow related to being devil worshipers and whatnot.
yea. i love how people thought the eagles worship the devil. that was just stupid

·
GO GATORS !!!
1,492 Posts
[/quote]yea. i love how people thought the eagles worship the devil. that was just stupid[/quote]

Watch out for that evil Don Henley. He will own your soul.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts