Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
gee imagine that. the #48 could have run out of fuel right before the last lap and they trow a caution flag. :rollseyes:

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
You forgot Kenseth was short to. Stewart wasn't even a for sure on fuel. Funny you single out Johnson when clearly every car in the top 10 is questionable and some were for sure a no.

·
Super Moderator
8,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JJ48Fan said:
You forgot Kenseth was short to. Stewart wasn't even a for sure on fuel. Funny you single out Johnson when clearly every car in the top 10 is questionable and some were for sure a no.
maybe but we were listening to the #48 communication at the time.

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
I wouldn't single out Johnson. NASCAR does it all the time. They do it to guarantee a close finish. But, would've been better to see who runs out or not.

Congrats to Johnson. Nice battle at the end.

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
Ron3fan said:
JJ48Fan said:
maybe but we were listening to the #48 communication at the time.
They did a rundown on pitroad of where everyone stood on fuel. All the Fords were short, Montoya was good, the Chevy's were for the most part borderline. I'm not sure what you were watchin but it seems like whenever it involves the 48 car you seem to tune it more to that and tune out everything else. And like Tater said, when doesn't NASCAR throw a yellow when the race is gettin down there to guarantee a good finish? Daytona was GWC not to mention that Johnson wasn't even in contention but apparantely he still somehow influenced that caution. It seems almost every race has a GWC and if it's not a GWC theres a caution near the end to bunch it all back up.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Yeah, Montoya was good, the Chevies were borderline, thats why the caution.
Cant have Dodge winning a race dominated by Hendricks.
This is why NASCAR is just like WWF, close to rigged as it can get.
Anyone else notice the crowd in the seats wasnt cheering or running to the fence when the Johnson did his victory lap?
Probably tired of seeing the same drivers and cars winning week in week out.
RIGGED.

·
Don't thank me, thank Justice Fruit Pies!
5,325 Posts
Too bad for Kahne, he wasn't doing too great to begin with, then David Reutimann tryed to pay Biffle back it looks like...oh well. I wish Scott would have been in this race also.

·
Crazy Supporter
11,650 Posts
40intrepid said:
Anyone else notice the crowd in the seats wasnt cheering or running to the fence when the Johnson did his victory lap?
RIGGED.
When they showed JJ doing his burnout the stands were almost empty.

·
Registered
498 Posts
geebi44 said:
40intrepid said:
RIGGED.
When they showed JJ doing his burnout the stands were almost empty.
Yeah, like nobody gave a flying F-! :rofl:

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
40intrepid said:
RIGGED.
This was going to be my next argument. As Ron said the caution was thrown to help Johnson but how do you know they didn't throw the caution to screw Montoya? He was good to go till the end and he was one of the fastest cars on the track. For all we know NASCAR could have thrown that caution for 1 of 2 reasons.

1. Thrown the caution to allow all the Chevy's time to pit and be sure they could make it on fuel or
2. Thrown the caution to allow all the Chevy's time to pit and be sure that Montoya would pit because he would not want to stay out when everybody is on fresh tires and fuel. Thus Montoya is back on sequence with everybody else and the race does not come down to fuel mileage.

There's always 2 sides to every story and those are the 2 sides that have evidence to support them.

·
Premium Member
5,164 Posts
I loved everyone leaving while golden boy did his burnout.... and how gay did Knaus sound... "GOOD JOB HIGH FIVE HIGH FIVE"... pretty pathetic.

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
Wait a sec I thought Jr was the Golden boy? Oh yeah I forgot he is in the minds of his fans but his talent doesn't live up to it...

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
I was listening to the race on the radio. I think they should just change it to the Hendricks Cup and be done with it. JJ was leading by 7 seconds by one point and wasn't even pushing his car 100%. What a crock of shit. Aren't all the cars supposed to be equal?

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
Um Johnson never led by 7 seconds on the track. You must have been listening to it during the green flag stops cycle. You do know that if 2nd place pits and the leader stays out for 1 more lap the lead can go that high but when it cycles through it's back to normal right? Go find something else to bitch about because it's getting really old listening to you bitch everytime Jr doesn't win And Spool if the cars are equal why does Toyota suck? There is a difference between manufacturers and engine builders. So to answer your question. NO ALL CARS ARE NOT EQUAL. Chevy has dominated Cup racing for a while now. Ford is OK. Dodge is 3rd best and Toyota is dreadful. So if ALL CARS were EQUAL wouldn't Toyota be running up front to? Martin even admitted it a week or so ago that the reason he is so much better this year is that he's in a Chevy and not a Ford.
"Here's the thing: I thought I was getting too old to do this stuff. And now I have found out that my car wasn't as sharp as it needed to be. It wasn't me," Martin said. "There's still some racing left in me. I really thought my ability was diminishing."

In other words, Martin, the long-time Ford man when he was driving for Roush, now seems certain that the Chevrolet he is driving for Bobby Ginn Racing is better than the Ford he competed in while with Roush. That appeared to be the statement he was making after driving his No. 01 Chevy to a fifth-place finish Sunday, although he tried to downplay it a little when pressed on by reporters.

"The biggest thing I have figured out in these first three races is that my ability has not diminished as much as I thought. My car, my team is very strong. My cars are very sharp right now," he said.

"I'm not going to go there with your statement. But my car is a Chevy and it is better than my car was last year. You know what I'm saying."
Think about what you just said...

How's it feel to have your ignorance proven correct yet again?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts