Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Super Moderator
4,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
gee imagine that. the #48 could have run out of fuel right before the last lap and they trow a caution flag. :rollseyes:

· Super Moderator
4,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JJ48Fan said:
You forgot Kenseth was short to. Stewart wasn't even a for sure on fuel. Funny you single out Johnson when clearly every car in the top 10 is questionable and some were for sure a no.
maybe but we were listening to the #48 communication at the time.

· Super Moderator
4,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
good lord, enough is enough.

· Super Moderator
4,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
taterracing said:
BillFan9 said:
I don't understand why every time Gordon or Johnson wins its rigged. I'm not a fan of either this is just ridiculous. Hendrick Motorsports works just as hard as everyone else out there so they deserve to win. Why would NASCAR want Johnson to win each race? There was no one in the stands any way. If they actually wanted to rig it for the fans sake JR would win every race. NASCAR cannot rig a race if they did each team would have to agree to it and I don't think any of the drivers would agree to let another win. It's just like when Montoya won in Mexico everyone it was rigged. It looked like to me Hamlin was trying everything he could to win. Also everyone know Pruett wouldn't let anyone win. Drivers win because they have the drive and talent it takes to win. Some have it some don't, so dont hate Johnson, Gordon, or anyone else because they want to win and have done it alot. Winning is what drivers signed up to do and it looks like Hendrick made a wise decision picking his drivers. Also great run by Montoya today first top 5 of many tome come!
Finally! Someone who makes sense!

NASCAR doesn't favor any driver or race team, however, it's ignorant to think that they don't effect the end of the races. But they don't do it to benefit any drivers.

NASCAR, no doubt, throws cautions sometimes at the end of races to ensure a close, exciting finish. They see something on the track that could be debris, and they throw the caution to bunch the field up. They do this to benefit THEMSELVES. Not any team. They want to put on a good show, get the ratings up, get those replays on sportscenter (who actually shows nascar now), and to get more sponsor dollars.

Like what was said above, if NASCAR wanted to rig races, wouldn't Dale Jr. win half the races? He's the most popular driver... in nearly every nascar ad.

I am NOT a Johnson or Hendrick fan. This is just common sense.
yea, it definately benefits nascar to throw the phantom debris caution, but think about this though.
it hurts the leader to an extent, he may have a good lead and the second place car may be faster but won't have time to catch the leader if nascar doesn't throw the caution. well, now they just kind of rigged (for lack of a better term) the outcome of the race due to that caution.

· Super Moderator
4,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
BillFan9 said:
But if it was anyone buy Hendrick Motorsports driver it would have been ok, right?
hell no!!!!!!!!! i don't care if it was my driver. a phantom caution to boost ratings or just because one car is running away with the lead is BS!!!!!!!!!!!

· Super Moderator
4,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
BillFan9 said:
I disagree. If it was JR that won the race nothing would have been said.
well, all i can say is that i am a Jr. fan and have thrown up the BS flag for stuff he has done or had benefited from and those that know me will back that up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.