Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Gordon to Blaney
5,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kurt wrecked in practice today. He's ok. At least they have a few days to rebuild the car, better to wreck today than on Sunday.

·
Banned
10,517 Posts

·
Impartially partial
9,047 Posts
@taterracing I think he just got loose and turned right to try to correct it.
With the amount of downforce these cars have, I can only imagine how hard they'd be to save when they get loose. I'd think that once it gripped during counter-steering, it'd just slam you into the wall.

·
R.I.P Justin Wilson
13,983 Posts
With the amount of downforce these cars have, I can only imagine how hard they'd be to save when they get loose. I'd think that once it gripped during counter-steering, it'd just slam you into the wall.
Did you watch qualifying yesterday? Hinch darn near lost it after the back end came around a bit. I'm not sure how the heck he saved it. I would have overcorrected into a wall.

·
Closeted Logano Fan
23,962 Posts
I'm glad he's alright. Hopefully that's his only issue in Indy.

·
Premium Member
14,620 Posts
Kurt's a very talented driver & I'm sure he'll learn from that mistake......it was just a rookie error.
I wouldn't even call it a rookie error, sometimes dirty air upsets a car before you have time to react.

He has very limited experience to see what a car does but I'd rather him get it out of the way now to see what happens than risk it in a race.

Maybe I missed it but I'm kind of surprised there aren't safer barriers or are there?

·
Banned
10,517 Posts
I wouldn't even call it a rookie error, sometimes dirty air upsets a car before you have time to react.

He has very limited experience to see what a car does but I'd rather him get it out of the way now to see what happens than risk it in a race.

Maybe I missed it but I'm kind of surprised there aren't safer barriers or are there?
he hit right at the end of the safer barriers

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.