Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So at the dealer haulers at the Iowa Speedway this weekend, and apparently the Kyle Larson Target #51 is impossible to find, because the dealers were asking $115 and $125 respectively

All those for 65 on ebay must be knockoffs...lol

Sidenote: Really suck that's over the last couple years, all the team haulers have stopped coming and its just JJ's trailer, Junior's trailer, and JR Motorsports now.

·
Super Grumpy
1,300 Posts
Thats shocking, the vendors here at Charlotte had them for 60

did they have the voodoo ride promo at the jr motorsports hauler btw?

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes they did have the Voodoo ride car, 45 bucks. Probably saw at least a dozen of them available, (likely more in boxes)

Reactions: jolof96

·
Larson Collector
1,625 Posts
95% of the time I wont buy a car at the track... It has to be something I cant find ANYWHERE. Or I could see buying one for a autograph session I'm not prepared for. Even the hauler numbers are down at the Sprint Cup races from what I saw in person and have seen mentioned here.

Reactions: April

·
Super Grumpy
1,300 Posts
Awsome thank ypu!

·
R.I.P Justin Wilson
13,983 Posts
95% of the time I wont buy a car at the track... It has to be something I cant find ANYWHERE. Or I could see buying one for a autograph session I'm not prepared for. Even the hauler numbers are down at the Sprint Cup races from what I saw in person and have seen mentioned here.
Hauler numbers are way way down. Just the fact that one hauler has the 1, 42, 78, 47, 55, 15, and 66 teams is crazy.

·
"For once, just shut up"
6,087 Posts
fuel costs, hotel costs, employee overhead, all adds up in a soft market. NASCAR has been trying to eliminate trackside haulers for a while now...when you end up with split races between the series it is even worse.

·
CraZyGordoManiac
1,351 Posts
I've also noticed less and less haulers every yr. Used to, there was almost a hauler for all 43 drivers, now you're lucky if there's a hauler for half the field. I'm really surprised Hendrick or Gibbs hasn't tried to combine merch haulers. Take for instance, Jr with Kasey, JJ and Gordo or Hamlin and Kenseth together to spearhead more sales.

·
Larson Collector
1,625 Posts
fuel costs, hotel costs, employee overhead, all adds up in a soft market. NASCAR has been trying to eliminate trackside haulers for a while now...when you end up with split races between the series it is even worse.
Yea, if Lionel or Chase, whoever runs those haulers aren't making the money or willing to do it anymore, their gonna have to loosen the reigns on other vendors again...

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lol right, thats why I just laughed and walked away.

Wanted 14 for the 1/64 too lol.

I think one may have been a former dealer here who left on a sour note, not sure tho

·
Premium Member
14,620 Posts
Hauler numbers are way way down. Just the fact that one hauler has the 1, 42, 78, 47, 55, 15, and 66 teams is crazy.
Well let's look at it another way, 47 and 78 didn't have anything outside their online store really til this year. So that's a huge plus to have them even in a multiple team setup.

There are a few others who aren't just in one hauler like years past either, wouldn't surprise me to see even less as you can easily get 2 big teams in one hauler.

I'm a little surprised by the Mix of Petty and MWR though, since Roush has a hauler with their drivers outside the 16 & 99.

The thing I have notice is they aren't holding on to older stuff as long, last year diecast are good deal, I grabbed Kurt's win shirt from that hauler for $10 when at Dega it was $28. The lady was saying they are moving out stock to get new in.

·
R.I.P Justin Wilson
13,983 Posts
Well let's look at it another way, 47 and 78 didn't have anything outside their online store really til this year. So that's a huge plus to have them even in a multiple team setup.

There are a few others who aren't just in one hauler like years past either, wouldn't surprise me to see even less as you can easily get 2 big teams in one hauler.

I'm a little surprised by the Mix of Petty and MWR though, since Roush has a hauler with their drivers outside the 16 & 99.

The thing I have notice is they aren't holding on to older stuff as long, last year diecast are good deal, I grabbed Kurt's win shirt from that hauler for $10 when at Dega it was $28. The lady was saying they are moving out stock to get new in.
I agree its a great thing for those smaller teams, but Petty, Ganassi, and MWR all used to have their own. Plus its pretty jarring and odd to see such a mix or Chevy, Toyota, and Ford in one hauler.

·
Premium Member
14,620 Posts
I had no idea they were trying to get rid of them but I don't really understand why as it draws a lot of people in early for random things. If they didn't have them, I wouldn't should up til basically about hour before a race nor spend money really.

My dad was in talks to get one of his vendors show truck there for the event, the price it cost to rent a space for the day is pretty huge! $25k is what they were quoted...they paid 4x that to be put on the rear of a car for a race.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts