Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9,990 Posts
It's a good custom, just don't see the appeal in buying customs of cars that will be produced. I guess it's the "GOTTA HAVE IT NOW!" mentality.

·
"For once, just shut up"
6,090 Posts
It's a good custom, just don't see the appeal in buying customs of cars that will be produced. I guess it's the "GOTTA HAVE IT NOW!" mentality.
agree with this completely and I typically don't even bother with decal sheets if I can confirm the diecast will be produced. That's just my take on it...pretty sure the seller is a member who already posted photos of the custom...

·
Texas Crazy
3,635 Posts
That's [MENTION=2411]justinehr18[/MENTION] 's work. Looks great but like others have said I can be patient and pay less when it gets produced.

·
MeArS cRaZy
4,045 Posts
I had the decals to use, and a car sittin there with about an inch of dust on it, so I just threw it together. KBM via Twitter today said they are still "working on getting it made."

·
Registered
9,990 Posts
I had the decals to use, and a car sittin there with about an inch of dust on it, so I just threw it together. KBM via Twitter today said they are still "working on getting it made."
Hey, I'm not knockin' ya man. You do good work and obviously deserve the cash for your quality work. Just not my deal. :)

·
Premium Member
10,762 Posts
Looks like a nice custom. I will pass. KBM will be selling the Lionel made #54 with Kyle's hologram on it down the road in a few months.

·
#1 Johanna Long fan!
5,544 Posts
Still smart [MENTION=2411]justinehr18[/MENTION] because there are many people who can't wait and will probably get into a bidding war. I think this car will hit at least $200+ just because people can't wait.

Nice work Justin! I bet if you made more before they came out you can make a little extra cash to get more donors/decals. Kepp it up man! It looks great

·
Registered
9,990 Posts
Still smart @justinehr18 because there are many people who can't wait and will probably get into a bidding war. I think this car will hit at least $200+ just because people can't wait.

Nice work Justin! I bet if you made more before they came out you can make a little extra cash to get more donors/decals. Kepp it up man! It looks great

And I'm sure that same person will kick themselves in a few months when they realize they paid $200+ for a car they could of had way less for it. LOL.

·
"For once, just shut up"
6,090 Posts
Looks like a nice custom. I will pass. KBM will be selling the Lionel made #54 with Kyle's hologram on it down the road in a few months.
I have the decal sheet done myself...probably will throw one together with a 'tennative' August release...I've seen this song and dance before and the likelyhood of production/cancellation is about 50/50...either way, it's here, good luck selling it, hope the auction goes well for you. I'll probably make a pair of Kurt and Kyle ones for my own use just to have them cheaper than what Lionel will sell them for and more accurate to boot...

·
Registered
972 Posts
I have the decal sheet done myself...probably will throw one together with a 'tennative' August release...I've seen this song and dance before and the likelyhood of production/cancellation is about 50/50...either way, it's here, good luck selling it, hope the auction goes well for you. I'll probably make a pair of Kurt and Kyle ones for my own use just to have them cheaper than what Lionel will sell them for and more accurate to boot...
I confirmed it with KBM directly. They WILL be made and arrive around late August. Will be sold as auto'ed and non-auto'ed with Rowdy above the door. I know I'll just be happy to have one. So it is a 100% go on them getting made. Only the dealers will not have access to them.

·
In It 2 Win It
12,031 Posts
Cool car. Kinda reminds me of the Kurt 51 that went for 400 bucks or so. That's gonna get made too I thought. Either way, good looking car and it should bring in a good chunk of change!

·
"For once, just shut up"
6,090 Posts
I confirmed it with KBM directly. They WILL be made and arrive around late August. Will be sold as auto'ed and non-auto'ed with Rowdy above the door. I know I'll just be happy to have one. So it is a 100% go on them getting made. Only the dealers will not have access to them.
well when are they releasing the Kurt Busch Shell Pennzoil pro-stock cars..you had mentioned those were confirmed to be made too ...in the business world, nothing is 'done' until it's in hand...I believe the odds are really good even if KBM has to front all the money which is sounds like they are prepared to do....but by late august...anything is possible...particularly where either Busch boy is concerned...just sayin.

·
Registered
972 Posts
well when are they releasing the Kurt Busch Shell Pennzoil pro-stock cars..you had mentioned those were confirmed to be made too ...in the business world, nothing is 'done' until it's in hand...I believe the odds are really good even if KBM has to front all the money which is sounds like they are prepared to do....but by late august...anything is possible...particularly where either Busch boy is concerned...just sayin.
I can tell you the Pro-Stock cars are done and already are state side. One particular person has the WHOLE run due to some issues. The details are of no concern to you though. They were produced though, I can promise that. Unless something major falls apart with these Monster cars, they'll be here before September or so. Lionel and KBM both have confirmed it. Don't see a reason why they would want to lie about it. Why so late though? Well, Lionel probably has a limited amount of time to run the new Toyota NW mold and it is just getting delayed. Not like it matters because I can wait. Patience pays off just like with the Kurt Phoenix cars that are now getting produced. Love or hate the company, have some faith. After all, they and the sponsors keep our hobby afloat........just sayin

·
Registered
651 Posts
I can tell you the Pro-Stock cars are done and already are state side. One particular person has the WHOLE run due to some issues. The details are of no concern to you though. They were produced though, I can promise that. Unless something major falls apart with these Monster cars, they'll be here before September or so. Lionel and KBM both have confirmed it. Don't see a reason why they would want to lie about it. Why so late though? Well, Lionel probably has a limited amount of time to run the new Toyota NW mold and it is just getting delayed. Not like it matters because I can wait. Patience pays off just like with the Kurt Phoenix cars that are now getting produced. Love or hate the company, have some faith. After all, they and the sponsors keep our hobby afloat........just sayin
Adam-just read your above post about the KB Pro-Stock cars. I'm very interested in getting my hands on one of these cars. Any info you can provide would be helpful. Send me a PM if you can

Thanks

Ron

1 - 18 of 18 Posts