Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
Waltrip might as well "retire". He's already in semi-retirement as it is, seeing as can't make any races. Put a real driver in his car. I hate the Past Champion's provisional, but if Elliott's going to use them while being a scrub, why can't Labonte? I'd rather see Labonte on the track than Elliott anyways (although I like the Wood Brothers).

·
Registered
724 Posts
taterracing said:
Waltrip might as well "retire". He's already in semi-retirement as it is, seeing as can't make any races. Put a real driver in his car. I hate the Past Champion's provisional, but if Elliott's going to use them while being a scrub, why can't Labonte? I'd rather see Labonte on the track than Elliott anyways (although I like the Wood Brothers).
Yeah I know Bill has been a real pain with his past champion provisonals. How many has he used now? Four, five?

Don't worry because Terry is the more recent champion hes locked in first.

But I have some bad news for you because the 13 is most likely going to sit out at Indy that leads one open spot in the top 35, which would move the 21 car up to thop 35. So looks like your good buddy Bill will be on the track in a couple of weeks.

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
Yeah I know. But hopefully Nemechek will get a sponsor lol. I just wish Elliott would retire already. Sick of him. Especially with the crap he pulled with that Nova Scotia race track.

·
Registered
724 Posts
taterracing said:
Yeah I know. But hopefully Nemechek will get a sponsor lol. I just wish Elliott would retire already. Sick of him. Especially with the crap he pulled with that Nova Scotia race track.
From I what I read looks like Riverside Speedway up in Canada has a hard time dealing with the word no. The tracks response makes sound like bunch of spolied brats who can't get thier way. I guess they don't know what the phrase "subject to change" means.

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
What I read was that Elliott and the track had a 'no back-out clause'. Regardless, a couple of real racers are headed there Saturday in Regan Smith and Ricky Craven.

·
Registered
724 Posts
taterracing said:
What I read was that Elliott and the track had a 'no back-out clause'. Regardless, a couple of real racers are headed there Saturday in Regan Smith and Ricky Craven.
There was none, Bill's repsonse:

"I steadfastly deny that there was ever a final contract, spoken or written, in which I agreed to both attend and compete in the event at the Riverside International Speedway. Riverside International Speedway officials contacted my representatives in April 2007 to gauge my interest in competing in this event. Race officials sent a lengthy appearance schedule in conjunction with the event. Although my family and I strongly considered attending the event, on May 15th we communicated to race officials that we were leaning against attending, due in large part to the excessive amount of travel time the commitment would involve. Speedway and event officials were notified in writing on June 5th, 2007 that I had declined their offer to participate in the event. My family and I are disappointed that speedway and event officials continue to portray us in a negative light as a result of this matter." (Motorsports Management International)

In short Bill gave them advance warning that he was not going to make it, there was no contract stating that he had to go there wether he liked it or not.

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
Exactly, Labonte, is the only way the 55 will make the race!!

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
KK3869 said:
taterracing said:
There was none, Bill's repsonse:

"I steadfastly deny that there was ever a final contract, spoken or written, in which I agreed to both attend and compete in the event at the Riverside International Speedway. Riverside International Speedway officials contacted my representatives in April 2007 to gauge my interest in competing in this event. Race officials sent a lengthy appearance schedule in conjunction with the event. Although my family and I strongly considered attending the event, on May 15th we communicated to race officials that we were leaning against attending, due in large part to the excessive amount of travel time the commitment would involve. Speedway and event officials were notified in writing on June 5th, 2007 that I had declined their offer to participate in the event. My family and I are disappointed that speedway and event officials continue to portray us in a negative light as a result of this matter." (Motorsports Management International)

In short Bill gave them advance warning that he was not going to make it, there was no contract stating that he had to go there wether he liked it or not.
So he says. I believe the truth lies somewhere in between the track's release and Elliott's release.

·
TCL Original
7,021 Posts
I'm happy to have at least three races this year with BOTH Labontes in them!

Too bad two of them are road races and ALL of them are with Terry in Waltrip's equipment...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts