Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I went by the hospital today to see Larkin and they had just recently brought him up from recovery. When I got there he was very groggy and in alot of pain. They did up his dosage and we got him better situated in the bed to make him more comfortable. They have him on Loritabs and Demerol when he gets spikes of pain but they can only issue him that every 3 hours. He kept his liquid meal down and later they brought in his soft food diet. He was able to slowly swallow his meal but his throat is very sore from the operation plus the tube they had down his throat. The operation was successful. They originally said the surgery was going to last 3 hours but it only took 2 hours. They should be releasing him to go home tomorrow afternoon. He was in good spirits and was alert and I got him laughing, even though it was painful, by the time i left when i was telling him how things were going and about the custom car i made, it did bring a smile to his face and and made his day. If I hear anything more I will update.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
I know I'm slow but I think I missed something here. What surgery did he have?

·
TCL Original
7,021 Posts
kspool said:
Spool, I think he was having surgery to have his head removed from his a...no wait a minute, that was just a suggestion from someone to him in The Infield, I Believe (pun intended).

Hope you're doing well Larkin!

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
kspool said:
he was having neck surgery. they were removing the disk between c-2, c-3, c-4, and c-5 vertabaes in his neck and fusing the vertabrea together.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well guys i got some bad news today, it seems they took xrays of his neck this morning and the pins had worked their way out. so they had to put him back under the knife and put in bigger pins and a bigger plate. the last update i got is that they might be sending him home tomorrow afternoon. if i hear anything more i will update as i get it.

·
Registered
564 Posts
You wasn't suppose to make him laugh with that custom sotry you told joker. It's all you fault man. Hope everything works out for the good.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
DP36 said:
You wasn't suppose to make him laugh with that custom sotry you told joker. It's all you fault man. Hope everything works out for the good.
yea he loved it because he knew "someone" (not mentioning any names) would hate it.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Believe said:
kspool said:
Spool, I think he was having surgery to have his head removed from his a...no wait a minute, that was just a suggestion from someone to him in The Infield, I Believe (pun intended).

I thought the head removal from the ass would be for JPM and he would be having that after the season is over.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
kspool said:
Believe said:
kspool said:

I thought the head removal from the ass would be for JPM and he would be having that after the season is over.

LOL!

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well i just talked to him and they were discharging him. So we should see him back on here soon. Take it easy Larkin.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Finnally got home and settled in. Not a fun experience at all! Thanks everyone for their thoughts and prayers. Believe by the time I left that place today I wouldn't have been surprised if they would have removed head from a$$!! LOL. Got a kick out of Eric when he came in. Only a Nascar dircast fan could have appreciated that moment. Having to speak over family, friends, and inlaws and still got a smile out of me while I was drugged to the max! Got to see a pic out of the Stewart monstor truck!!! Anyway, I'll be back on more this weekend. Very hard to concentrate and type. between the Demoral, and the loratabs, I'm not at 100% I can asurre evertone! Thanks everyone for there thoughts!! Very much appreciated!!

·
Super Moderator
8,722 Posts
get well there frankenstien (sp)? LOL.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Glad to see you back on your feet. By the way they missed a few spots when they shaved you for the surgery LOL.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts