Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this at Wal Mart today, it has a Montoya car but says Jeff Gordon on the box.Plus it has a little damage on the box too. Somebody at MA wasn't paying attention :rofl:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Actually, M/A paid about $5 for this car from the factory in China. And it's a mistake by a worker who works 12 hour days, 7 days a week and makes about 17 cents an hour. The Gordon Nicorette and the Montoya Havoline were in that 1/24 wave so it makes sense. Looks like you bailed out WM and M/A on this one. Who knows, you may even double your money on ebay. Nice pickup, enjoy!!

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
What's wrong on it...the white corner down low on the rear quarters?

·
Registered
18 Posts
The star should be in front of the HAVOLINE on the rear 1/4 panel on both sides of the car, there should not be a red line from under the 2 on the sides to the rear wheel, the TV panel should just have the Havoline logo and star, and yes, Wrigley's Big Red shold be where the Techron is. To be real picky, the roof numbers are not tall enough (should go from roof rail to roof rail). And although I've not seen this WC up close, I'd bet it's a 2006 Dodge nose.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
It looks like the last years car. I thought the only difference this year was the slightly different color on the front fenders and the front half of the doors. And the removal of the white on the lower rear qusrters. I am not a JPMontoya fan so I dfidn't check it as closely as you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts