Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just going to go over these briefly. No long winded post from me this time!

Downloads
Like the old forum I have installed a downloads system for each and every member. This time however, every member can view the download folder and download files as they wish. Each member is credited for thefiles they upload. I have started the folderoff with an NR2003 hack and the Pro version of Limewire file sharing client. This feature can be accessed by clicking 'Downloads' in the top menubar.

Invite System
Know somebody that would enjoy this place? Hell, even know some random email addresses? Then what are you waiting for? Invite them! This system sends the person an email with a link that they need to click on to register. Once registered and approved that member will show up in the invitation stats in your profile as well as a mention of who they were referred by in their profile. I have went ahead and registered Brandy an account here using the invitation mod and you can view the stat by clicking on my profile and linking to hers. Each member gets credited for successful referrals and can be listed on the homepage in the left frame as one of the Top 5 Referrers! This feature can be accessed by clicking 'Invite' in the top menubar

Blog
Callling all bloggers. This is my favorite new feature because once I get all my thoughts together...or find something to bitch about (whichever comes first) I'll have a place to share them. This system allows for a blog by every registered member and shows the latest updates in the system and in the forum stats at the bottom of the forum. This blog is very customizable and feature rich with the WYSIWYG editor to write your posts with. This feature can be accessed by clicking 'Blog' in the the top menubar.

Ultimate Profile
Users can choose whether they want to have this customized profile or just plain, ordinary one. They can enter About Me & My Interests texts which can be formatted using BB code. Also, they can input HTML & CSS code in special text area and customize look of their profile (They can add background picture, change font, size and color of text as well as other elements). This modification allows them to upload their own pictures which are then showed in their profile. Other users can post comments of someone's profile.
Users can disable comments for their profiles or restrict new comments only to their buddies. Pictures can be shown to all users or only to buddies.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As always, I like to give everyone a little more than most forums...make things appear a little bit nicer. Check out the new profile entrance page by clicking 'User CP' up top ;).

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
Thanks RI for the updates Bud!!! Looks good so far!!!!

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
racersimage said:
Just added a related topics modification. Below each topic there will be 5 related topics listed.
I love the job you do here Racer. The place is "TOY" rich and alot o' fun to play with.
I must say though, and I can't figure out why, I don't really care for the Related Topics box when I am viewing a topic. As I said, I don't really know why, and I won't die if it remains, but just don't care much for it. Go w/the general consensus, but mark me down as opposed. LOL! Thanks again for ALL YOU DO!

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Fantastic job Racer. You just keep making this place better and better all the time.

·
The Mad Documenter!
3,299 Posts
Well, I started my blog....Even though I've been online since 2000, this is actually the VERY FIRST Blog I've ever written. If I remember to update it, that'll be the real feat, LOL. Who knows, maybe I'll update it daily with, literally, whatever I am thinking about that day. That seems doubtfull, especially knowing me, but hey, you never know!

Also, I wish I had known about the referral feature before. I actually had my mom join (vanessak99) because I told her about the Pick One game and she wanted to play too, but didn't want to start mid-season. I could have had a referral credited too :)

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Billy Kingsley said:
Well, I started my blog....Even though I've been online since 2000, this is actually the VERY FIRST Blog I've ever written. If I remember to update it, that'll be the real feat, LOL. Who knows, maybe I'll update it daily with, literally, whatever I am thinking about that day. That seems doubtfull, especially knowing me, but hey, you never know!

Also, I wish I had known about the referral feature before. I actually had my mom join (vanessak99) because I told her about the Pick One game and she wanted to play too, but didn't want to start mid-season. I could have had a referral credited too :)
I'm thinking about starting a blog also. I am really busy, but also really intrigued by the idea. I don't know how long it will last, and how often the entries will be made, but seriously thinking about giving it a shot.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok, you guys have had a few days to see the feed poster modification in action. So, is it an added benefit or not? Remember, anything I add or take away can be changed by you guys...as I've always said...I'm just one person out of everyone here...feedback is what makes this place grow and improve!

·
Super Moderator
8,722 Posts
i'm not crazy about any of them. doesn't it take up space? i feel that if anyone needs or wants to know the news, then go find it.

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
So far so good Bud!! I haven't had any problems lately!!
I have tried to look over everything and it looks good so far!!!
THANK YOU!!!!

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
the only thing i have seen a problem with them is that sometimes it double feeds the same story twice. sometimes by the admin and then sometimes twice by the feed poster. dont know what could be done. Should we just delete those as we see double post or is there a way of stopping it from doing it?

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
I don't care for it, as they may be from topics I don't really care about, especially the news feeds and the Hollywood news etc.
If I can stop them myself, LMK how and then if anyone wants them, then they can still have them.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No way to disable them yourselves.  That's why they were put in seperate forums.  As for doubling, they're not supposed to do that and I think for the most part it's stopped doing that now that it's set to update every 6 hours instead of every hour.  I can set it to updated at any frequency which would cut down on so many threads as well.  Looking for more comments on them!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts