Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
NASCAR The Steel Tornado
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think the COT is kewl looking with the wing and air dam.

I'm 43 and think this looks neat as hell....maybe I'm a kid at heart?
But......I still love the days when they just gutted a Factory car and raced it.
Not real hip on these totally fabricated cars but what ya gonna do?

I also say ditch the restrictor plates and let em race flat out! :)

·
NASCAR The Steel Tornado
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
taterracing said:
Hate it. I don't care what the car looks like, the races have been terrible.
Well due to saftey concerns NASCAR hasn't been the old days bump and grind it was.
I'm with you......drop the restrictor plate and race flat out! :)

For me it's all about skill not the crash and burn....tho it is exciting for the Fan it can't be for the driver.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
I'm not a fan of the tuner look with that ugly a** fin. That is the only thing I hate about them. But I guess its starting to grow on me.

·
NASCAR The Steel Tornado
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
harley2001 said:
I'm not a fan of the tuner look with that ugly a** fin. That is the only thing I hate about them. But I guess its starting to grow on me.

Sorry makes me laugh!
Every time NASCAR changes the car design I hear how ugly the newer one is.
In my lifetime they have radically changed the design 5-6 times.
Actuall changed every time the "street version" did.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
well i think what alot of people complain about is that NASCAR stands for "National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing" and with as many changes as they have made, especially this year change, nothing is "stock" anymore. about the only thing stock anymore is the stickers that says : CHEVY, TOYOTA, DODGE, FORD.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
JoKeR_20 said:
well i think what alot of people complain about is that NASCAR stands for "National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing" and with as many changes as they have made, especially this year change, nothing is "stock" anymore. about the only thing stock anymore is the stickers that says : CHEVY, TOYOTA, DODGE, FORD.
Well put it Joker!

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
harley2001 said:
JoKeR_20 said:
Well put it Joker!
EXACTLY!!! It's a standard car with different stickers!!!

·
Registered
384 Posts
i really like it, when they first unceiled it, i thought it was awful but when the cars are all painted up they look awesome. and i have to disagree with tater because i went to the talledega race and the end of it was amazing, very unpredictable. the majority of the race was borin because they all ran single file but that was because the car had never been raced at a restrictor plate race before. in time they will gradually become more comfortable with the car. and basicaly all the races have been great with it

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
I disagree that all the races have been great with it. I went to the spring race at Richmond and is was a snoozer.

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
I think Talladega was the only exception. The rest were awful. Remember the fall bristol race? The Busch race was one of the most amazing and interesting races that I'd ever seen. The Cup race was one of the worst ever. I couldn't believe how many "analysts" were blaming the new track configuration for the bad race and even others saying it was a good race. I guess none of them even watched the Busch race.

My gripe with it is that there's no "out-of-control" effect. What I mean by that is when a driver goes into a corner too hard, the back end kicks out and he crashes. I have yet to see that with this car. It seems that if you drive in too hard, it just pushes up the track. I've yet to see a driver "lose" it in a corner when there wasn't a tire or oil problem. Maybe NASCAR can tweek it to make it better, but, from what I saw last year, 2008 is going to be a long, boring year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts