Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Living the racing life.
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got in from the GoPro Motorplex in Mooresville for the Little 600 event. It was really cool and most of the drivers were really awesome to hang around and chat with. The racing for the most part was close and fun. The only thing that I did not care for was that some of the drivers just plain ignored the fans, the worst of which were Kasey Kahne and Danica Patrick. They could not be bothered for a picture or autograph all night. Kahne, Patrick, Stenhouse, and to an extent Larson just stood around behind a barrier and talked amongst themselves all night long. In a particularly jerky move, as the drivers were heading to the drivers meeting, they all stopped and took pictures and signed autographs except for Kasey. Denny Hamlin was running late and at least acknowledged us and said he would get us after the drivers meeting. True to his word, he came back out and hung out with the fans when he wasn't racing. Kasey got there on time and just walked by all of the fans. Then, when he left the drivers meeting he was taken to task for that by some vocal fans and responded by shaking his head and walking away... sorry to vent about Kasey, but it was just so out of line of him to act that way to kids and little old ladies that just wanted a minute of his time. The rest of the drivers were great and it was fun. I'll post pics of my over-autographed hat later...

·
Living the racing life.
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@sprint9988 What does that have to do with treating the fans that pretty much cause your job to exist like crap?...

·
Premium Member
14,620 Posts
@sprint9988 What does that have to do with treating the fans that pretty much cause your job to exist like crap?...
I don't think that has anything to do with why he wasn't interested in the fans tonight. Kasey isn't always the easiest guy to get ahold of sometimes and a very shy person; hell who knows maybe he was in a bad mood so didn't want to show it to anyone really.

Regardless, I think fans forget these guys aren't always in the best moods or always have to deal with fans. He could have stopped for a minute but cut him a little slack too.

·
Living the racing life.
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@Wilbur it was fun and I had a blast aside from that one thing...
@sprint9988 I just think that is a really poor excuse and expected more of him...

Reactions: Wilbur

·
Larson Collector
1,625 Posts
Their all human, Kasey usually isn't that way. I'd give him a pass, as well as Larson, Ive seen them stand around and sign for hours until everyone who wanted one was done. Stenhouse has gotten pretty bad about that stuff since hes been dating Danica... but still, they have to have some personal time themselves too. Most fans anymore seem to think just because they see them, they are entitled to an autograph. If someone got lippy with Kasey, I totally see him saying screw it and walking away. If you cant show thanks and appreciate them taking the time to come sign your items, that's how it should be.

Reactions: Wilbur

·
Living the racing life.
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@johngr24 Larson was pretty cool later on, just that he was hanging out with the anti-social click for a time. They had personal time, but the point I'm trying to make is that it was an event that was for the fans... it's not like they were interrupting them during dinner or out shopping, both of which I've seen and absolutely hate for them because they are not at work and just want to do normal things. I get that. That would be like if I was I was at the park and they came up and asked me about things from my work on my free time. The fans were only getting lippy because he stared right through them and didn't even apologize or anything. Most people would be ok with that and just be like, "Well, maybe later when he has some time..." I'm not one who is star struck... (some of that may be due to the line of work I'm in and being desensitized to their fame and all) I just think that if they agree to show up to a fan event, then they are at work and should expect and welcome such things.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts