Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody I was curious of where your collections started so i thought i would start a thread sooooooo go wild i guess.:biggrin:

·
Somewhere Far Beyond...
2,377 Posts
LOL, I guess you could say it was Hot Wheels and Matchbox cars before I even knew how to talk.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I got the Joe Gibbs HoF car in 97 (ran in 96) because it combined my favorite NASCAR with my Redskins. Traveled with me everywhere. I got a few cars from people when they couldn't think of anything else to get me, and that's kind of where it started. I stepped it up from there and decided that I wanted everything in the collection autographed. As of today, 75 of the 78 I have are.

·
Impartially partial
9,048 Posts
My aunt gave me the entire set of those General Mills 1/64's commemorating Dodge's return to NASCAR. There were about 7 of them. I don't even have them anymore, but since then, my collection has grown into something I can't even keep in one room anymore.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
when sr died i started collecting ... dont really know why i started ..... now my kids so to the local dealer with me, i have had the same dealer for over 10 years

·
Formerly mwr1556
11,242 Posts
Winners Circle, Racing Champions, Hot Wheels from Walmart and Kmart circa 2001-2002. Also some Bus Fuses promos from a local NAPA store (also where I got the Waltrip car). These are the first 9 and it's grown to over 300 1/64's an 15 1/24's. (I still have all these to this day)

·
I love lamp
2,328 Posts
I got sick of the mcfarlane's being produced and was looking for somthing for my dad for my old man for his birthday and ended up buying a few for myself. When I got them I thought they looked cool dropped almost all of my mcfarlane's and so it begins.

·
Somewhere Far Beyond...
2,377 Posts
Man, I look at some of you kids that got started on Winner's Circle, that makes me feel old. When I was a kid, they didn't even have Racing Champions yet! I was like 12 when they started showing up.

·
Premium Member
1,700 Posts

This is the first one in my now massive collection. Spent $65 dollars and i busted out the piggy bank for it haha. Had 19 cars when i joined the navy and now i have about 200.

·
Camaro Crazy
2,691 Posts
Man, I look at some of you kids that got started on Winner's Circle, that makes me feel old. When I was a kid, they didn't even have Racing Champions yet! I was like 12 when they started showing up.
Don´t get grey hair over that yet. You are younger then I am and there are quite a few members older then me on here :yes:

I started with Matchbox and Hotwheels back in 1980. That "Collection" had it´s own display shelf, and even though my kid brother started eating the wheels of of the cars I managed to grow the ever shrinking collection up to 42 cars that were still in one piece. At the rate those wheels disappeared though it took me a few years to get there. I had cars from the Oldsmobile Aero prototype through the ranks of European economobiles up to Corvettes. I still own a 3rd gen Camaro that I bought when I was 6 or 7.

When I grew older I started collecting :18 diecast, and I had a few nice ones there as well. The best ones, and most expensive ones were DTM and Formula 1 diecast from Paul´s Model Art and Minichamps.

Eventually I gave up mst of the collection because moving to different countries was easier without the added luggage.

I started collecting again last summer with the 2007 American Heroes RCCA elite cars and now I´m pretty much hooked. I keep finding cool new or old diecast that I would like to add

·
Somewhere Far Beyond...
2,377 Posts
Don´t get grey hair over that yet. You are younger then I am and there are quite a few members older then me on here :yes:

I started with Matchbox and Hotwheels back in 1980. That "Collection" had it´s own display shelf, and even though my kid brother started eating the wheels of of the cars I managed to grow the ever shrinking collection up to 42 cars that were still in one piece. At the rate those wheels disappeared though it took me a few years to get there. I had cars from the Oldsmobile Aero prototype through the ranks of European economobiles up to Corvettes. I still own a 3rd gen Camaro that I bought when I was 6 or 7.

When I grew older I started collecting :18 diecast, and I had a few nice ones there as well. The best ones, and most expensive ones were DTM and Formula 1 diecast from Paul´s Model Art and Minichamps.

Eventually I gave up mst of the collection because moving to different countries was easier without the added luggage.

I started collecting again last summer with the 2007 American Heroes RCCA elite cars and now I´m pretty much hooked. I keep finding cool new or old diecast that I would like to add
You only got me by a year. And at the rate my job is going, I may catch you.....

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
My wife won tickets for a Jeff Gordon Fan Club meet and greet in Richmond a few years ago. She wanted to have something for Jeff to sign so she went on nascar.com and purchased two ARC's. I do remind her of this everytime she says something about our Jeff Gordon and Tony Stewart collection getting too big. We have around 250 elite and arc's.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts