Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a HIGH QUALITY custom diecast builder. Not interested in nitwits with rattle cans and floor polish, so you need not respond. Mid 80's to mid 2000's cars.

·
Premium Member
4,549 Posts
I am looking for a HIGH QUALITY custom diecast builder. Not interested in nitwits with rattle cans and floor polish, so you need not respond. Mid 80's to mid 2000's cars.
some of us "NITWIT" rattle canners and floor polishers have made some very good customs over the years. not a very friendly post for your first one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Since I'm new to diecast and have only dealt in custom cards and autograph items. I assumed I was being helpful by having the car in the correct year. The reply seems a little ignorant as money is not an issue.

Thanks for the friendly welcome.

·
Sunday Money
2,249 Posts
@Bashbrother33

I have over 50 customs in my collection and have always supplied my donor die-casts for over 20 years. I normally pay around $200 to $300 (high volume discounted rate) for top quality, high detail custom die-cast work in addition to the cost of the donor die-cast "as money is not an issue". ;)

Reputable, tenured, high quality custom guys will appreciate your business (priced accordingly) and could care less who supplies the donor die-cast. :rolleyes:

Good luck ....and Welcome. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
4 Posts
@Bashbrother33

I have over 50 customs in my collection and have always supplied my donor die-casts for over 20 years. I normally pay around $200 to $300 (high volume discounted rate) for top quality, high detail custom die-cast work in addition to the cost of the donor die-cast "as money is not an issue". ;)

Reputable, tenured, high quality custom guys will appreciate your business (priced accordingly) and could care less who supplies the donor die-cast. :rolleyes:

Good luck ....and Welcome. :ROFLMAO:
Thank you for welcome. 50 customs that is pretty impressive. I'm sitting on 6 diecast cars store bought. I'm excited to get my 1st few customs done.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Bryan at Winscales was the best I have ever seen. I do my own customs but for the really complicated ones I asked him for help in doing for me. Sebss' work has also always been impressive from what I have seen here.

·
Sunday Money
2,249 Posts
Wisdom to share…

gfb00 does not produce custom decals. If quality decals are not available (Patto’s in Australia is a primary source), gfb00 is probably a no go.

He is in high demand and has a huge ebay following and a large repeat customer list … look at his feedback history to see the crazy prices people pay for most of his customs.

He chooses who he works with … he will not deal with high maintenance or demanding customers.

Money is paid after produced (he sends quality pictures to you) and before shipment.

Never cost anything to have a conversation.

All of my gfb00 customs (labeled as customs) are included in this thread among my collection pictures.
Legacy of my 20+ year NASCAR die-cast journey...

Past Bryan Pallerino thread to review.
Anyone know high quality custom diecast makers?

Bryan Pallerino Web-site
Home Page

Bryan produces his own decals … I only utilized him for one die-cast .. required full payment up front from me and took over four months to deliver .. well worth the wait to me. Others have worked with Bryan more than I .. top quality work as well.

Bryan produced decals precisely produced to scale. Donor is a Team Caliber First Choice … only authentically produced raced custom in every detail .. only two images exist of this car … I supplied images and worked with Bryan for a few months to precisely authenticate every detail.
Tire Vehicle Wheel Hood Car

Team Caliber produced die-cast .. not race authentic.
Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Comparative view.
Tire Vehicle Car Wheel Automotive lighting

Both, gfb00 and Pallerino are in high demand … both retired and have other priorities .. they do customs because they enjoy the hobby ... enjoying the journey.

gfb00 is normally responsive .. I have read numerous times over the years BJP may not be as responsive.

Good luck!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts