Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot find the article, but I heard today that MA is re-making the Edwards Bosox/Lumber Liquidators car.
That will kill that one as far as big prices go. On the other side of the coin, people who missed it can get one now....

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
What's next-- the Harvick Elvis car...?

·
Super Moderator
8,722 Posts
well i hope they make it in 1/64 DS this time.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Is that something that has happened in the past? I mean by the remaking of a particular diecast that had turned out to be more popular than expected?

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It's kinda the same, but they at least made the paint scheme a little different and then re-made the car. I am referring to Kahne's rookie car. They realized that after they had made them and he was doing well, they had under produced, So they had Evernham tweak the paint scheme a little, then re-released the car as a re-fresh. That made the car available for more people, but helped the value/or helped maintain the value of the Original Rookie car (which BTW has since gone in the crapper along with a bunch of others).

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
A Kahne original rookie sold on Ebay within the last month for $71, which isn't too bad. I know they were going for a lot more than that, but still, compared to the "refresh", which sold for $19.99, that's a hell of a lot better. One of the reasons they're not doing well it that Kahne hasn't really done anything this year. His rookie year was good (replacing Bill Elliott in the 9 and showing a lot of promise) and last year was fantastic with all the wins, but this year has just been a big disappointment.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah, Ray's team kinda went "tits up" this year huh?

·
Registered
418 Posts
FFighter_21 said:
I cannot find the article, but I heard today that MA is re-making the Edwards Bosox/Lumber Liquidators car.
That will kill that one as far as big prices go. On the other side of the coin, people who missed it can get one now....

That figures, I pre-ordered this car a couple of months ago from my local dealer thinking I would finally get a "real" collectible for a change. Oh well, I'm glad I didn't pay anywhere near the prices that have appeared on eBay recently. I believe I saw one close at $170 a couple of nights ago.

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Alot of dealers, myself included, have told MA that we would rather not see them produce more of the Edwards car. Sure I could sell more cars in my stores but for the long term the best thing would be to not produce more. Afterall a collectible with a stated production run isn't truly collectible if the manufacturer can go back and make more cars at will. I proposed to MA a Pearl White finish with a small production run to alleviate some of the desire for more cars but to also not as drastically negatively affect the original car that people have purchased assuming the stated production run.

If i hear more from MA that they are making more i will let people know.

BTW the email that MA sent out to dealers asked for input on making more and clearly said that the email wasn't a guarantee that they would make more just MA was soliciting dealers to get opinions.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts