Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day someone posted a pic of the Dodge return to NASCAR set. I have been wanting one of them for years. I watched one on EBay, but it went too high for me. Then I was at a car cruise where they had a chinese auction. I bought $20.00 worth of tix, and put them in for it (actually there were two and they were mint) and I didn't even get a sniff. I bet there were only three of four more tix in there besides mine and I didn't win one.
I am so stupid. I shoulda just bought the one on EBay. What a dummy!!!

·
The Mad Documenter!
3,299 Posts
I think we've all got "The One that Got Away" stories....Heck, I know I do. Mine sure has a twist though.

Back in 1994, I went to a toy show in CT. One of the vendors had the RC Premier 1993 Bill Elliott Budweiser Promo and 1994 Greg Sacks #77 US Air/Jasper.

I bought the Elliott and passed on the Sacks...I didn't have enough to buy both and I chose the Elliott, perhaps thinking that the Sacks was a new release and I would get it soon.

BUT..I was not able to find it.

Come 2006, I win one of the Sacks car on Ebay...Oddly enough, I would lay wager that it is the EXACT same car I passed on more then a decade ago.

It came from Conneticut, for one, and for two, it has an old price tag on it in the same exact location and ink color as the Bill Elliott car! What are the odds of that? I was pretty floored when I got it.

Hopefully you will find the set you want as well, but hopefully it won't take you 12 years :)

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's amazing!!! Also very cool. Glad you were able to get it. Sorry it took so long, but the good thing is...you did get it!
Thanks for the pep talk BTW. I was really bummed.

·
The Mad Documenter!
3,299 Posts
Ken, you shouldn't get bummed out over diecast....The thing about them is, it's pretty rare for there to be less then several hundred of them and they will always come around again!

Of cource, it took me near on a decade to figure that out! LOL!

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's not like I was considering committing "Hari-Kari" over it or anything, LOL! But I was really disappointed. I had been looking and looking and looking and not even a sniff, then in a matter of three days, I see three sets and didn't get one. Damn that's frustrating!!! :doh:

·
The Mad Documenter!
3,299 Posts
yeah, I would probably be frustrated too!! There are a couple of cars that I am after that when I see them, I am going to make sure I get them even if it means I can't afford food for a week!!

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LMK what they are and if I ever see em' maybe I can help you out. Send pics if possible.

·
The Mad Documenter!
3,299 Posts
The two are the 1962 #8 Joe Weatherly Pontiac Catalina and the 2001 #01 Ted Musgrave BellSouth Premier car, which I believe only came with a hauler. Working on the pics to be in the Wanted section, which I just created!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts