Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
I love lamp
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After watching the replay a bunch of times and watching race hub ive come to a fact that it was NOT Ruti or bowyer it was Gordon that caused all that. The 24 was going to win no question about that, coming out of turn 4 he had JJ and I dont think JJ could have got by him without wreaking and I cant see him doing that. With that said on the restart I cant understand why Gordon wouldnt stay low on the track. If he would have none of that would have happened and he had to know that JJ was bad going out of the turns. He left a gap and a guy tried to take advantage of it. I cant believe of Hall of famer would make a rookie mistake but it happend its over and I hope we can see a Texas like 2009 only the 48 ending in the front.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
After watching the replay a bunch of times and watching race hub ive come to a fact that it was NOT Ruti or bowyer it was Gordon that caused all that. The 24 was going to win no question about that, coming out of turn 4 he had JJ and I dont think JJ could have got by him without wreaking and I cant see him doing that. With that said on the restart I cant understand why Gordon wouldnt stay low on the track. If he would have none of that would have happened and he had to know that JJ was bad going out of the turns. He left a gap and a guy tried to take advantage of it. I cant believe of Hall of famer would make a rookie mistake but it happend its over and I hope we can see a Texas like 2009 only the 88 ending in the front.
I fixed your post! :evil:

·
Registered
580 Posts
He knew he was in trouble.

He was on 140 lap old tires, versus cars that if he had tried to block, would've had pretty much a worse out come. Blocking would've had a very similar out come to what actually happened.

It all comes down to the yellow with 3 to go.

·
Look Who's Back!!
2,265 Posts
He had 130 lap tires. He couldn't stay low.

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
All blame is misplaced. Reutimann did nothing wrong, Bowyer did nothing wrong, Gordon did nothing wrong and Dale Jr. did nothing wrong.

It was Tony Labonte. He manipulated the race. He's to blame.

·
Impartially partial
9,048 Posts
"My last comment on Sunday. I would never take anyone 3 wide going into turn 1 on a restart at Martinsville, because the results are always the same...BIG WRECK."

- Jeff Gordon, via Facebook mobile

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
If Gordon (or Johnson) were running 3rd, and had the opportunity to go low and take the lead on the restart with two other cars on older tires on the restart, don't you think they would try it?

Damn straight they would.

But I agree with Tater-- if Tony Labonte wouldn't have manipulated the race, none of this wouldn't have happened in the first place.

·
2 x Pick One Champion 2012, 2015
1,229 Posts
If Gordon (or Johnson) were running 3rd, and had the opportunity to go low and take the lead on the restart with two other cars on older tires on the restart, don't you think they would try it?

Damn straight they would.
have to agree whoever was in third place would of done the same as bowyer

No way. With gordon and johnson both on 130 lap tires bowyer probably could have passed them both without wrecking anybody. He has the new tires. Gordon should have won that race though. Just an inpatient bowyer is what it amounts to.
I question if Gordon would of won after the caution came out, he ran out of gas after the crash trying to get back to pit road

·
Do people read these?
6,452 Posts
I really blame nobody. It was pure racing. Every body wants to win, and they were all going for it.

·
JUST A RACING FAN...
3,448 Posts
We will never know how it really would have ended. Yes, just part of racing. But hey, at least Reutimann is still in 32nd in point standings and 22 points inside the top 35. Great Job David. Thanks for the altered finish!

have to agree whoever was in third place would of done the same as bowyer

I question if Gordon would of won after the caution came out, he ran out of gas after the crash trying to get back to pit road

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
We will never know how it really would have ended. Yes, just part of racing. But hey, at least Reutimann is still in 32nd in point standings and 22 points inside the top 35. Great Job David. Thanks for the altered finish!
Reutimann may be in the top 35 in driver points, but the No. 10 car is not in the top 35 in owner's points. The owner's standings is the only one where being in the top 35 matters. The No. 10 team sits 36th, one point back of the No. 83 team.

·
Premium Member
4,594 Posts
Wow interesting opinion Jeff spun the tires on the restart and blocking would have resulted in the samething. JJ had Jeff beat on corner exit those that final run dont know what u were watching i agree it wasnt anyones fault just everyone had there own agenda and it ended up they way it did.

·
Just CraZy
20,750 Posts
Hopefully NASCAR will make a rule change before Darlington saying princess will race and we have a different format or qualifying.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts