Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Crazy Supporter
11,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
exchange for Matt Schaub, FoxSports.com reports that Houston will send a 2007 second-round pick, a 2008 second-round pick, and swap positions (No. 8 for No. 10) in the first round of this year's draft.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I said it before and I'll say it again....

Texans should have taken a QB in last years draft(V. Young) and they wouldn't have to do this deal.

I guess the new coaching staff wanted to give Carr a fair chance. He had his fair chance and now he is on the way out. The Texans have been busy looking at free agents and making deals over the past few weeks. Looks like they are trying to be a real football team this year.

·
Registered
724 Posts
With a crappy O-line like the Teaxans had can't say Carr had much of chance, if the Texans want to make progress try to get some OTs instead of QBs.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
The line was actually doing their job pretty well this past season. They were building a pocket and blocking the D past Carr. Dumb ass Carr just stood there instead of scrabling out and making something happen like the new offense is designed to work.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Latest update-- Texans have cut David Carr.

·
Registered
335 Posts
let's see what carr can do on a good team! with some blocking and a running back. i'd give him a chance in denver!

·
Crazy Supporter
11,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Carr would be a great QB for a number of teams, in 5 years he has been sacked 249 times, that is rediculous.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
It's going to be funny when Carr goes to a good team and wins games and the Texans realize that all they needed to do was provide him some protection and they would have had a winner.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
The word on Carr is locally is the guy has football skills and the girls think he is cute, the only problem is he isn't very smart. He just wasn't able to learn the new offense and wasn't going to to and he doesn't have the ablility to read the defense like most good QB's do.

I heard Miami and Oakland my be looking at him.

I wish him luck were ever he ends up and hope he does well, I along with most everyone else around here are ready to give another QB a chance after his 5 year stay in Houston.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
He's screwed if he goes to Choakland.

·
Registered
335 Posts
when did carr have time to learn anything. he was too busy running for his life, from the other teams they played. i don't buy all that lack of intelligence. give him a team that will give him time to think in the pocket, and a back who will help confuse the defense. carr's never had a fair chance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts