Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bill Davis Racing officials announced Tuesday that driver #36-Jeremy Mayfield will not return to the team next year. Mayfield joined BDR for the 2007 season as the team expanded to a two-car operation for Toyota's first season in Nextel Cup, but he has struggled this year, qualifying for only eight of the 21 races. No replacement driver has been named.

----

I blame Davis for this. He doesn't have the funding or know-how to field a two-car team. He never has. I think Mayfield's done all he can with this team. I hope he can land somewhere better, or even step back to the Busch Series and run for a championship.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
taterracing said:
Bill Davis Racing officials announced Tuesday that driver #36-Jeremy Mayfield will not return to the team next year. Mayfield joined BDR for the 2007 season as the team expanded to a two-car operation for Toyota's first season in Nextel Cup, but he has struggled this year, qualifying for only eight of the 21 races. No replacement driver has been named.

----

I blame Davis for this. He doesn't have the funding or know-how to field a two-car team. He never has. I think Mayfield's done all he can with this team. I hope he can land somewhere better, or even step back to the Busch Series and run for a championship.
I can't believe that Bill would dump Jeremy. It sure wasn't his fault. If he did, he is definately not the guy I believed he was.
Are you sure that Jeremy didn't agree to leave along w/Davis? I will watch this and see what happens. Jeremy is a great driver and a very classy guy. If he was dumped, I hope Dave moves on as well as this is the last year on a one year deal for him. He hasn't re-signed yet. This is strange......

·
Registered
564 Posts
Kinda glad to see this. I was hopeing that BDR was a good place for Jeremy. Maybe he can land somewhere where he can get some good cars to drive.

·
Premium Member
2,696 Posts
Im mixed on this. They are saying over at Team Mayfield that Jeremy asked for it. Id say he did cause he was signed thru 2009 and he didnt sound upset by his comments on the release. Glad I only bought a hat and shirt. I hope he gets some where established.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
demondecko said:
Im mixed on this. They are saying over at Team Mayfield that Jeremy asked for it. Id say he did cause he was signed thru 2009 and he didnt sound upset by his comments on the release. Glad I only bought a hat and shirt. I hope he gets some where established.
That makes me feel better. If he did it in cinjunction w/Bill, then I do feel better.
He needs better equipment and at this time, BDR can't provide it.
He will do fine, there are some good rides available for next year, I hope he gets one. He's a good wheel man.

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
Exactly, it's not that Jeremy is a bad driver, but it's a combination of the Toyota, new team, new crew. He was set up to fail. Jeremy has been a good racer in the past, and feel he could be a good racer in the future with the right team!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.