Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Well that seems to answer that. Sauter has been complaining that he didn't know what was going on and he wasn't going to compete w/Green for the seat.
As I see it, Sauter and Green are out. Mayfield and Riggs are in.
Guess Jaque will be in the #36 for the rest of the year, since Mayfield is starting immediately.
Interesting. IMO, the #66 and the #70 are not that much better than the #36.
They are staying pretty static in my opinion.

·
Banned
4,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i know jeff green not the most popular driver but hes taken a poor team and made them a top 30 team well inside the magic 35 needed to race each week and now after a season of struggling to make races mayfield gets 5 in a row hopefully by homestead he gets a good result and jeff gets another ride soon (theres always rhe rumour of the #33 )

·
Premium Member
2,696 Posts
Jeremy Mayfield will replace Jeff Green in the Haas CNC Racing #66 Chevrolet, effective immediately, team general manager Joe Custer said Monday morning. Mayfield also will join Scott Riggs in the driver lineup for next season but the alignment of the two drivers with car numbers in 2008 has not been determined, Custer said. Green is 27th in the series points standings. "Green did a good job for us, and we appreciate everything he did," Custer said. His replacement in the #36 Bill Davis Racing team for this weekend at Atlanta has not been announced. As far as the status of current Haas CNC Racing driver Johnny Sauter, Custer said Sauter (who is 31st in points) is under contract with the team and that "we're working through that" for 2008.(SceneDaily.com), supposedly BDR's CTS driver, Mike Skinner will drive the #36 in 3 of the final 4 races and Jacques Villeneuve will drive at Phoenix.

Im the happiest boy ever right now. I was at this time last year too though when Jeremy announced he was going to BRD.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Glad to him and Riggs hook back up. Bout time Mayfield got a decient ride. I hope this move turns out to be a good one.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
DP said:
Believe said:
Looks like we'll soon have a member known as DP66!
I think I will just go with DP on this one.

I think you need to change it to CP= Chevy Power since he won't be in a Dodge anymore.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
PAUL BARTLE said:
I'm glad, since I am not a very big fan of Jaque at this point in time. I guess I'm biased. But it would make more sense to put Jaque in it. He's apparantly gonna get his pick of rides at BDR next year so they might as well get him as much seat time as possible. JMO, but as I said, I'm glad. Benson and Skinner have earned it. Nothing in black and white on that yet, just a gut feeling, but the ole gut is USUALLY RIGHT.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
I don't know why they don't run better.
They have Hendrick engines and I also heard Hendrick cars. Hass used to help sponsor Hendrick, so it is basically a Hendrick satilite team. Bootie Barker and Harold Holly are good crew chiefs. I guess the chemistry isn't there.

·
Premium Member
2,696 Posts
FFighter_21 said:
I don't know why they don't run better.
They have Hendrick engines and I also heard Hendrick cars. Hass used to help sponsor Hendrick, so it is basically a Hendrick satilite team. Bootie Barker and Harold Holly are good crew chiefs. I guess the chemistry isn't there.
They usually run fairly well, they just get caught up in some one else's mistakes or something just fails on the car. Its really the same things that have plagued Blaney this year.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts