Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I love lamp
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Im thinking about getting a membership to RCCA for the fact that you get a discount if your a member and theres a car I want. Im still new to collecting and was wondering what your opinions were on this. Is it better to just wait and find cars elsewhere after they release or is this a good idea. any input would be helpful. and I saw they have a fourm, is it anything like this?

·
PYRO CraZy
1,179 Posts
As far as buying AFTER a diecast is released like say a year.. that really is a gamble in some ways.. for instance the Brad K Talladega Raced Win... that diecast is still holding value at the $200 + range... but if you ordered it direct from RCCA it was $100 or so. But then there are others that.. yes, you can save money on... it just depends on the driver and the paint scheme and the car etc.

As for the membership.. can't beat a lifetime membership for $20. There is more to the membership now than just diecasts.. they have special events that you can sign up for that give you some great benefits at the track and a chance to own unreleased prototypes etc.

The forum.. I'll be honest.. is NOT like this one... and I'll let others comment further if they feel the need. That's all I'm gonna say about it.. because that can be a sensitive subject to some. I like both forums and enjoy both equally.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
I have found that since they reformatted their forum I go there less. I generally browse the "Ask RCCA" section and the announcements, and that's about it. As far as being a member of RCCA, however, it really depends on you desire to own the diecast first hand or second hand, and also how much you intend to buy,

Keep in mind you don't get a discount immediately (other than the fact that members pay $10 less than non-members) but as you go up in levels you do get a quarterly discount you can apply at the gold (spend $500 a year) or platinum (spend $1000 in a year) levels. You also get the comfort in knowing that if you get a damaged or defective diecast, you can return it to the source for an exchange or refund. Generally, it's less of a guarantee with an Ebay seller.

As "Brad K" said, sometimes the cars sell out, and they will cost more on the secondary market. Once you join, you get the monthly catalog as long as you stay active (on purchase a year) and you can decide what to buy directly from the company and what not to. I've been a member since 2002. At $20, that's $2 a year!

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
I have a question regarding this membership as well, I joined way back in either '95 or '96....is there any chance I'm still a member in the new system or do I have to rejoin? Thanks!

·
CraZy Senior
6,544 Posts
Some great feedback has been offered up by Karl and some of the others.

The membership is good if you want to pick newly released Elites. I can't even recall when I signed up originally. If you're just looking for ARC pieces as I am now then save your money.

I can't really comment on the RCCA forum other than to say that I chose to spend my small amount of forum time here. With 5 year-old twins, work, school and family events, this forum has always best fit into my busy schedule. :yes:

·
PYRO CraZy
1,179 Posts
I have a question regarding this membership as well, I joined way back in either '95 or '96....is there any chance I'm still a member in the new system or do I have to rejoin? Thanks!
Yes, you probably still have a membership... but whether it is ACTIVE or not depends if you have bought something from them in the last year I think it is... if you haven't then your membership goes inactive and you may have to contact customer service.

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
Yes, you probably still have a membership... but whether it is ACTIVE or not depends if you have bought something from them in the last year I think it is... if you haven't then your membership goes inactive and you may have to contact customer service.
Funny, I just got off the phone with them and I am still a member. My last RCCA purchase was in 2003 I believe, been a member since 1995. Pretty incredible that with all the changes that the program has been through that I was still in the system.

I've been a member for 18 years, and I'm 29 years old.

·
I love lamp
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the info. I went ahead and joined. I really wanted the my lowes car so I figured Id give it a try.

·
just old school
6,159 Posts
my wife got me the lifetime deal way back for $15.00
never regretted it,
the ability to deal with a customer service dept. is worth it.

·
ItzConnor
1,630 Posts
As far as buying AFTER a diecast is released like say a year.. that really is a gamble in some ways.. for instance the Brad K Talladega Raced Win... that diecast is still holding value at the $200 + range... but if you ordered it direct from RCCA it was $100 or so. But then there are others that.. yes, you can save money on... it just depends on the driver and the paint scheme and the car etc.

As for the membership.. can't beat a lifetime membership for $20. There is more to the membership now than just diecasts.. they have special events that you can sign up for that give you some great benefits at the track and a chance to own unreleased prototypes etc.

The forum.. I'll be honest.. is NOT like this one... and I'll let others comment further if they feel the need. That's all I'm gonna say about it.. because that can be a sensitive subject to some. I like both forums and enjoy both equally.
I am a new member how do i get these prototypes that your talking about.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I am a new member how do i get these prototypes that your talking about.
with e points. They have a e point auction on there site about once a month. You earn e points for every dollar you spend. 1 dollar = 1 point. Got to have alot of points to win though.

·
Dawg Crazy
335 Posts
So Im thinking about getting a membership to RCCA for the fact that you get a discount if your a member and theres a car I want. Im still new to collecting and was wondering what your opinions were on this. Is it better to just wait and find cars elsewhere after they release or is this a good idea. any input would be helpful. and I saw they have a fourm, is it anything like this?
$20.00 bucks to join for a lifetime is really a good deal for all the perks you get. Special diecast and finishes that you only hear about on the forum is pretty cool. And most forums are different so you will have to be the judge on that subject.......the Dawg

·
High End Collecting
4,718 Posts
You know, the $20 lifetime membership is a good deal, but there are also many ways that you can get the lifetime membership for free. If I recall correctly, when I registered the DIN of one of my diecast on the MA website, I received a free membership that way, lol. I didn't have to do anything but register the car and I was in. There also seem to be many opportunities where if you subscribe to a certain e-newsletter or something you can get a free membership that way. I just know there are a lot of ways to get the lifetime membership for free, so the benefits really aren't "exclusive" to a $20 payment.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts