Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
"For once, just shut up"
6,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is where I've been spending a lot of time since spray painting has been worthless up here with heat/humidity issues non stop until summer wants to stay for a while...put together some of the legends of Michigan football or at least from my era anyways =) Garland Rivers (13) might be a bit obscure, kid could hit like a train for a DB and had he not gotten into some 'agent' trouble he might have had a great pro career...but BO didn't tollerate anything that detracted from the team and gave him the early boot...some current coaches could have taken a lesson from such values...

·
Prototype CraZy!
3,082 Posts
Those are cool pieces! How tall are they?

·
"For once, just shut up"
6,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those are cool pieces! How tall are they?
as to the size, they were all the 7" ish mcfarland nfl/ncaa pieces...tried to get the approximate body types like AC being such a long and lean guy, and the same with Harbaugh...they are a lot of 'fun'...and as to braylon...I'm a bit older than that...these are the guys of my generation =) need to put together a Ricky Leach and a few others at some point...may creep into the more modern guys at some point. Started with Denard...Desmond was a teammate at Michigan and that's what pushed me into the retro legends.

·
I love lamp
2,328 Posts
those are cool @NEW2, but how on earth can you say shoelace is a legend? Arent qbs supposed to complete passed? I would have to say bo wouldnt let him play and If you cant beat Iowa I dont see you as a legend!

·
"For once, just shut up"
6,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
those are cool @NEW2, but how on earth can you say shoelace is a legend? Arent qbs supposed to complete passed? I would have to say bo wouldnt let him play and If you cant beat Iowa I dont see you as a legend!
Thanks...and as to Robinson, first QB in NCAA history to rush/pass for 2500/1500 yards in a single season. While he may not fit the prototype NFL drop back passer...he'll be remembered for generations as an electrifying performer. Heck his first snap from center resulted in a 65+ jet for a touchdown...he's every bit the athlete Tim Teebow is...and then some. He's legendary in many respects not to mention the quality of human he simply is...and as to beating Iowa...you can beat a team...you can't always overcome officiating in the back of an endzone though...

·
I love lamp
2,328 Posts
Thanks...and as to Robinson, first QB in NCAA history to rush/pass for 2500/1500 yards in a single season. While he may not fit the prototype NFL drop back passer...he'll be remembered for generations as an electrifying performer. Heck his first snap from center resulted in a 65+ jet for a touchdown...he's every bit the athlete Tim Teebow is...and then some. He's legendary in many respects not to mention the quality of human he simply is...and as to beating Iowa...you can beat a team...you can't always overcome officiating in the back of an endzone though...
Thats funny! In 5 years people wont remember how he is and he will be lucky to be in the Arena League, and I dont think the refs knocked the ball out of his hand on 2 down. and what about the 4 picks the year before and the 2 the year before that? hes not a prototipical passer because hes not one at all, at least Taint could complete a 20yd pass!

·
"For once, just shut up"
6,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thats funny! In 5 years people wont remember how he is and he will be lucky to be in the Arena League, and I dont think the refs knocked the ball out of his hand on 2 down. and what about the 4 picks the year before and the 2 the year before that? hes not a prototipical passer because hes not one at all, at least Taint could complete a 20yd pass!
non-fans won't...and no he's not the protoTYPICAL passer for sure...I think Borgess felt he could turn him into one and by mid season they figured it out that he had other special talents...who's the last hawkeye qb to make it in the nfl...anyone? Brady? oh...no, Harbaugh, Henne? nope... oh wait, Chuck Long was a stud with the err...Lions? and kudos to Iowa for having a good defense and the ability to force turnovers...every play requires two athletes to make things happen...I'll stand by denard and the type of young man he is any day of the week..he's special and will always be remembered by Maize and Blue faithful...and in the grand scheme of things, UM fans could really give a shit what other programs think of our players...meanwhile arrogant bastards across the league think somehow everyone should love and respect theirs...just how it goes. UM will always have a target on their back...oh well...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts