Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i beleive in 2014 we will have 3 monday night nascar races, tv contracts are being negotiated right now and after daytona on monday night the ratings where through the roof. i thank they willl be in the spring and summer. JMO

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
That would be great! I'm losing interest in Monday Night Football They've had some really boring games this past year on MNF! Who wants to spend 3 hours watching Cleveland vs Tampa Bay * LoL

·
Banned
17,329 Posts
well if it ends at 10-11 fine i wasnt a fan of staying up to 1 am and then having to get up early in the morning

·
In It 2 Win It
12,031 Posts
Aweful. I would not be able to go to races in person. NASCAR is Sunday or Sat night. That is All!!

·
ItzConnor
1,630 Posts
No It can't happen that's not a good idea if it rains what then. Having to take off work Mondays and Tuesdays for some. It may have worked for the Daytona 500 once but it won't work again for a lesser important race.

·
Prototype CraZy!
3,082 Posts
Once in a while wouldn't be too bad for a monday night race.

·
Premium Member
1,286 Posts
If the race goes off without a problem then go for it but until they dome race tracks Rain could affect it and I don't think a Tuesday race with a Saturday or Sunday race the following week would be pleasant on the crew the truck driver with them having to stay with in certain time on the roads and then the behind the scene crews.

·
just old school
6,153 Posts
A major race might work like the Southern 500, 4th july race at Daytona, or the Darlington date.

I can see where fans would have a problem attending, but plan ahead!!

·
In It 2 Win It
12,031 Posts
Plan ahead??? Not many people in this economy can afford to take 3 or more days off to attend a NASCAR race during the week.

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
Plan ahead??? Not many people in this economy can afford to take 3 or more days off to attend a NASCAR race during the week.
This is why I think the track owners will never go for it. Let's face it, many of the tracks are still hurting a bit for attendance. So why do something that will hurt attendance more? As it is, many fans have to take Friday off to spend the weekend at the track, maybe even Monday to get home. It just doesn't make sense.

·
Living Crazy
4,959 Posts
I would be great for the TV viewers but I think too many people would be calling in to work sick on Monday if they attended the race.

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
After sitting all day Monday at the track waiting for a race to start, I am against any Monday Night Racing (MNR). As always though whatever the TV Gods want, NASCAR will grant their wishes. NASCAR always seems to push the fans patience before the say oops. The race could have been run during the afternoon. Then people would have not been getting back to their hotel rooms around 1am, fire or no fire. JMO I could be wrong.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts