Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Never!

Votes: 13 56.5%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was watching Pardon the Interruption and they were discussing how the ratings were going to do for Tonight's (2/27/12) Daytona 500, since the Rain Delay coverage did well for no racing action. I believe it was Tony Kornheiser who said he thinks it could be the start of the Daytona 500 being ran regularly on a Monday Night in Prime Time. THIS IS NO WAY BEING TALKED ABOUT ACTUALLY HAPPENING! But I just wanted to get a gauge of who would like to see Monday Night racing.

·
Premium Member
10,488 Posts
I think the Daytona 500 under the lights is going to rock!!! Racing is always better under the lights :yes: Thumbs up for Monday Night Racing.

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
Racing the Daytona 500 under the lights is sacrilegious. I was happy they did away with that garbage a couple years ago. But this is a special circumstance. You can't control the weather. Let's go.

·
Formerly mwr1556
11,242 Posts
Racing the Daytona 500 under the lights is sacrilegious. I was happy they did away with that garbage a couple years ago. But this is a special circumstance. You can't control the weather. Let's go.
Thank you. I hate the Daytona 500 being run at night. If you want night racing at Daytona, that's what the Pepsi 400 is for. The Daytona 500 should start and finish during the day, otherwise it just feels like the Shootout or July race and it takes away the special feeling of the Daytona 500.

·
JEREMY MAYFIELD FAN FOREVER
13,197 Posts
no way but this is special circumstance

·
58 wins, 4x champ in ARS
9,162 Posts
No, not ever do I want a Monday Night race. Unlike the other outdoor sports which do Monday Night games (Baseball, Football), they at least can play a doubleheader (baseball) or play through it (football) if there is rain. NASCAR cannot do that and if the next race is on Saturday Night and there's a rain delay or postponement to Tuesday its going to be even worse.

·
CraZy about 1:87
749 Posts
For all the reasons given such as rain, fire, flood, plagues of locusts ... fine ... but for those same reasons, F**K NO ... 10 to 1 AM EST for a race finish?

Some of us gotta work!

·
Look Who's Back!!
2,265 Posts
No. Nascar is not football. Racing's heritage is Saturday night at the local short track. That's why Nascar runs Saturday night races, to pay homage to it's history.

Football plays on Monday Night, there are too many logistical nightmares if something goes wrong.

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
No. Nascar is not football. Racing's heritage is Saturday night at the local short track. That's why Nascar runs Saturday night races, to pay homage to it's history.

Football plays on Monday Night, there are too many logistical nightmares if something goes wrong.
I'd honestly like to see fewer Saturday night Cup races. I think it keeps fans at home instead of going to their local track.

·
Premium Member
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think we seen last night why Monday Night Racing would hurt NASCAR on some nights. given a 2 Hr Delay for whatever reason there is no way to be able to finish the race at a reasonable time for the East Coast and maybe even Central Time as I believe it was at the stroke of Midnight here. I do understand why they raced this race on a Monday but I would not like to see it be an every year occurrence.

·
Premium Member
7,778 Posts
I love night races but Monday night races? The Daytona 500? No thanks!

I did find it interesting that the race was mentioned on the radio this morning by Carson Daly because apparently "The Voice" lost a lot of viewers to the Daytona 500 race! =)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts