Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
a huge shout out to go3dalejr88! Awesome collector and an even better guy. I acquired a Blue Goose Color Chrome from him. We struck a deal on several cars from his collection. This one will occupy a high profile and prominent place within the display case.

Also landed this elusive Reese's Elite. I arguably put more effort into finding this car than any other. Just never seems to surface.

Today's delivery was massive. For those inteterested in my total haul check out my DCR registry (8899dj). All are in there with a notable exception. The Blue Goose I acquired is registered to another DCR user. Levi said he didn't use DCR. Anyhow I contacted that user to have the Goose (and one other) transferred. So you won't see it in my garage just yet.

Attachments

·
Sunday Money
2,260 Posts
Anyone familiar with a guy named Paul from Alaska? His DCR name is Yukonsjoy.
I always thought Paul was from Canada .. could be wrong … possibly moved to Alaska?? Yukonsjoy is his user name after all. :)

I haven’t seen Paul active here for years. I have never done a transaction with him over the years; however, appreciate he was a highly respected collector who was active in this community back in the day.

July 2019 was the last time he posted. January 2021 was the last time he visited DZC.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I always thought Paul was from Canada .. could be wrong … possibly moved to Alaska?? Yukonsjoy is his user name after all. :)

I haven’t seen Paul active here for years. I have never done a transaction with him over the years; however, appreciate he was a highly respected collector who was active in this community back in the day.

July 2019 was the last time he posted. January 2021 was the last time he visited DZC.
Thank you. Guess I just assumed he was from Alaska. I did connect with him and he transferred the two cars in DCR.

This is a great community of folks. I enjoy getting to know others via posts.

·
Sunday Money
2,260 Posts
It's nice that I am still remembered, you guys are awesome.

I haven't been active as I have pretty much stopped collecting. Still watch racing all the time, just stopped buying cars.

Hope your doing well Paul.

Only a few "old timers" left on DCZ .... a few others have moved to Facebook with DCZ being under new management ... not many of us left anymore.

As Bob (aka Moparbob) always says, the hobby left us. :ROFLMAO: Fun ride while it lasted ... I finally got off the Lionel train to nowhere after 2017.

Take care.

btw ..this is bdmattox (change my user id to Legacy)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hope your doing well Paul.

Only a few "old timers" left on DCZ .... a few others have moved to Facebook with DCZ being under new management ... not many of us left anymore.

As Bob (aka Moparbob) always says, the hobby left us. :ROFLMAO: Fun ride while it lasted ... I finally got off the Lionel train to nowhere after 2017.

Take care.

btw ..this is bdmattox (change my user id to Legacy)
Just know that there are folks out here who revere the "old timers" and who will carry forward the collecting hobby. It may never be what it was, and that is the case with most things. But it can still be something good to those who care.

·
just old school
6,527 Posts
At times I feel like I am part of " diecast rescue "
seeing/ buying stuff, that I don't want to see die in a store,

kind'a like a puppy..............

1 - 18 of 18 Posts