Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
"For once, just shut up"
6,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
posted on jayski.com...enjoy

ESPN's Dr. Jerry Punch at peace with Kurt Busch: Nearly an entire offseason has passed since Kurt Busch made headlines for his profanity-laced tirade toward ESPN personnel at Homestead-Miami Speedway. You would assume hard feelings might linger on the part of ESPN pit reporter Dr. Jerry Punch. You'd be wrong. "Kurt and I, we talked that next week and he sent me a lengthy email talking about how ashamed and embarrassed he was, and he knows that I've tried to be helpful, he knows he messed up. ... He sent me this email and said he wanted my cell phone," Punch said in a phone interview Monday. "I called him the night before Thanksgiving and we talked for a little while, and we went over a lot of the things, and we had some very frank conversation. I said, 'Look, you've apologized, I've accepted your apology, now let's move on. I wish you nothing but success on and off the race track next year.'" Busch parted ways with Penske Racing at the end of last season and will compete this year for Phoenix Racing and team owner James Finch. For his part, Punch is looking forward rather than behind.(in part from SceneDaily / NASCAR Illustrated)(2-14-2012)

figured since it has been so important to keep everyone up to speed on what a horrible heinous monster Kurt Busch can be...the haters would like to know he's kissed and made up....like humans do.

·
Premium Member
24,080 Posts
Considering it's Punch's job to deal with Busch and every other driver in the garage, he was going to have to get over quickly. It's good of Busch to apologize to him.

·
Registered
9,990 Posts
Considering it's Punch's job to deal with Busch and every other driver in the garage, he was going to have to get over quickly. It's good of Busch to apologize to him.
Exactly. Kurt was already angry, and then they poked him even more by bringing up the peice going into Tony's car. How the hell does that help matters? It's like poking a bear with a stick, don't get angry when he bites you.

·
"For once, just shut up"
6,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Exactly. Kurt was already angry, and then they poked him even more by bringing up the peice going into Tony's car. How the hell does that help matters? It's like poking a bear with a stick, don't get angry when he bites you.
I'm severly biased..but no shit right?

·
Registered
276 Posts
Good for Kurt. I'm glad he did that. I'm not a fan of his nor do I hate him but what I like about him (and his brother) is that they bring flavor into Nascar. That doesn't mean I condone their actions, but it's good to spice things up. Once again I'm glad he apologized.

·
#BadMofo
15,981 Posts
Both Kyle and Kurt rub me wrong, because of their attitudes, and they aren't near my favorites because of that. However, I'm not denying that both of them can drive the wheels off their cars, they're both great drivers.

·
Premium Member
1,286 Posts
It's like wrestling...some drivers have to be heals for the sake of the sport. They all can't be liked.
And they are needed in sports. Nobody want's Robots...I like what Kurt and Kyle bring to the sport because they are the guys that push buttons tell you how it is. Like Tony use to be, he still does it but in a way where it isn't obvious unless he's just had enough of who ever.

·
"For once, just shut up"
6,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
And they are needed in sports. Nobody want's Robots...I like what Kurt and Kyle bring to the sport because they are the guys that push buttons tell you how it is. Like Tony use to be, he still does it but in a way where it isn't obvious unless he's just had enough of who ever.
and there are times Tony can be a royal dick...however he has a handle on when to turn it off...IF Kurt and Kyle ever reach/realize that point...look out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts