Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on ESPN today

Reiser-suspended 4 races Kenseth docked 50 points
Francis-suspended 4 races Kahne docked 50 points
Elliott Sadler- crew chief suspended 2 races docked 25 points
Scott Riggs- crew chief suspended 2 races docked 25 points
Michael Waltrip- been confirmed that fluid in manifold was not oil as waltrip said, thorough investigation will be run on the car tommorow may get the car back for 150's and race.

Sadler and Riggs' car had drill holes in the rear that let air flow through the trunk lessening the air on the spoiler making them faster

Waltrip and crew will probably be penalized engine penalties are normally harsher. Also the reason for the manifold is the hotter it burns the more RPM then the faster they can go. And MWR needs all the help they can get.

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
No surprises there with Reiser and Francis. Precedent was set last year so it's good to see NASCAR showing consistency for once....Looks like Evernham is the new cheater all 3 of his guys got the boot.

·
Don't thank me, thank Justice Fruit Pies!
5,325 Posts
Thats BS...I can understand the suspension, but not for 4 races, maybe 2 or 3, and whats with the 50 points dock on Kahne? They didn't do that to Johnson last year. I guess the whole "Nascar likes Hendrick" thing is still going. :rofl:

·
Comes with free straightjacket
1,000 Posts
CSR said:
on ESPN today

Reiser-suspended 4 races Kenseth docked 50 points
Francis-suspended 4 races Kahne docked 50 points
Elliott Sadler- crew chief suspended 2 races docked 25 points
Scott Riggs- crew chief suspended 2 races docked 25 points quote]

Does that mean they start the 500 at - points?

·
Registered
564 Posts
I think it's funny that all 3 Evernham Crew Chiefs got the boot. At least they got what they deserved for cheating. In my opinion I think the whole team should have went home without racing in the 500. If you get caught cheating you don't deserve to be on the Track. JMO.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
I agree that it's BS that they get docked points-- JJ didn't lose any points last year. As a matter of fact, I don't think Harvick lost any points with his fuel cell trick either. Let's hope they're gonna be consistent throughtout the year though.

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
# Explanation of why no points penalty for #48: Examples:
Points penalty
Last March at Las Vegas, #29 crew chief Todd Berrier welded the fuel filler so it looked like it was full of fuel when it wasn't.
Two weeks ago at Daytona, the Hall of Fame Racing's #96 car qualified with an unapproved carburetor.
According to NASCAR, those two infractions warranted not only a fine but a reduction of 25 driver and owner points because the fuel filler and the carburetor were absolutely unapproved parts. NASCAR was able to walk over to the car and confiscate those pieces, and their use was premeditated. The pieces were specifically made to skirt NASCAR's rules.
No points penalty
Last fall during qualifying at Talladega, Berrier and the #29 team had some trap doors in the trunk that weren't properly sealed off. The shocks were open when they were supposed to be closed. And some hose clamp that holds the fuel-filler pipe in place came loose. The next thing you know, Kevin Harvick's car had air underneath the car, going up through the trunk and escaping out a hole in the back of the tail light. In that instance, no unapproved parts or pieces were used.
During Daytona 500 qualifying this year, crew chief Chad Knaus and the #48 team put a sleeve over the trackbar adjuster. Like the #29 car at Talladega last fall, all of those parts and pieces were still part of the car that they raced in the Daytona 500.
so....Points penalty: In simple terms, here's the pattern. If you maliciously put something on a car that's made or machined, and it's an unapproved piece that can be confiscated, the team will be fined, the crew chief will be suspended and the driver and owner will lose 25 points.
No points penalty: If you take something that's already on the car and use it to beat the spirit of the rule, then it warrants a suspension and a fine, but it does not warrant the loss of 25 driver and owner points. See Larry McReynolds full article at FoxSports.(2-23-2006)
In the case of Sadler and Riggs it says they had Holes drilled were they weren't supposed to be. That means they had parts that weren't supposed to be there thus the points penalty. It doesn't say what Kenseth and Kahne had done on their cars so all you are doing spool is speculating and saying they don't deserve the pts fine. As you can see from the article I posted off Jayski, Harvick was indeed docked points for the fuel cell trick. I'm still waiting as to what will happen with Mikey. Hopefully they will give Toyota the boot from NASCAR (wishful thinking).

·
Registered
564 Posts
They told on the Morning Drive on Sirius Nascar Radio that Kenseth and Kahne had Air Ducts inside the car that was open during qualifying that wasn't suppose to. Kenseths had plugs that had been pulled off and Kahnes had tape that was cut. This come from Robby Pembertons mouth yesterday morning.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Until they actually make someone sit out a race, the cheating will never stop.

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
kspool said:
That will never happen because the Crew Chief is the person responsible for having a legal car for the inspection process. He is the one who supervises the crew members performing the work on the car and making the changes. I agree with who's at fault in these scenarios. The Crew Chief is the one who told the crew members to make the changes and he is the one who should take the fall.

·
Registered
724 Posts
JJ48Fan said:
kspool said:
That will never happen because the Crew Chief is the person responsible for having a legal car for the inspection process. He is the one who supervises the crew members performing the work on the car and making the changes. I agree with who's at fault in these scenarios. The Crew Chief is the one who told the crew members to make the changes and he is the one who should take the fall.
The driver too, just think if Junior was cuaht cheating, we'll have a riot on our hands.

·
Registered
498 Posts
selby92 said:
Thats BS...I can understand the suspension, but not for 4 races, maybe 2 or 3, and whats with the 50 points dock on Kahne? They didn't do that to Johnson last year. I guess the whole "Nascar likes Hendrick" thing is still going. :rofl:
More like the "NASCAR likes Chevy" thing.
Oh, and JJ is special too.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
KK3869 said:
JJ48Fan said:
kspool said:
The driver too, just think if Junior was cuaht cheating, we'll have a riot on our hands.
they had a riot when Jr lost at talladega, of course we would have a riot if Jr was docked 50 points

·
Registered
335 Posts
as mike helton said on fox sports. they tried last year with jj and then a mid season talk with all teams to stop this cheating. it didn't. he went on to say, money or fines obviously is not the solution. so the penalties will get stiffer each time someone is caught untill it stops. next. they sit the team out. no matter who.

all these penalties were fair, quite light i thought, as i felt they should'ver all been sent home this time.. and next time it happens, according to helton, the team goes home. period. suspension.

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
Here's a complete list of all the penalties thus far:

Crew chiefs suspended:
• David Hyder (Michael Waltrip; indefinitely)
• Robbie Reiser (Matt Kenseth; 4 races)
• Kenny Francis (Kasey Kahne; 4 races)
• Jim Rocco (Scott Riggs; 2 races)
• Josh Browne (Elliott Sadler; 2 races)

Driver penalties:
• Waltrip (100 points)
• Kenseth (50 points)
• Kahne (50 points)
• Riggs (25 points)
• Sadler (25 points)

Owner penalties:
• Ray Evernham (100 owner points)
• Jack Roush (50 owner points)

Fines:
• Hyder fined $100K
• Reiser, Francis fined $50K each
• Rocco, Browne fined $25K each

·
Registered
724 Posts
JJ48Fan said:
Here's a complete list of all the penalties thus far:

Crew chiefs suspended:
• David Hyder (Michael Waltrip; indefinitely)
• Robbie Reiser (Matt Kenseth; 4 races)
• Kenny Francis (Kasey Kahne; 4 races)
• Jim Rocco (Scott Riggs; 2 races)
• Josh Browne (Elliott Sadler; 2 races)

Driver penalties:
• Waltrip (100 points)
• Kenseth (50 points)
• Kahne (50 points)
• Riggs (25 points)
• Sadler (25 points)

Owner penalties:
• Ray Evernham (100 owner points)
• Jack Roush (50 owner points)

Fines:
• Hyder fined $100K
• Reiser, Francis fined $50K each
• Rocco, Browne fined $25K each
You forgot the partridge in the pear tree :D

But seriously, seesh.

·
Registered
724 Posts
The list keeps on building.

NASCAR seizes illegal parts from Yates team's cars, Blaney's Toyota
By JIM UTTER / The Charlotte Observer

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. - NASCAR inspectors have added to their collection of illegal parts during inspection.

Among the new items added for display at the NASCAR hauler are unapproved windshield braces have been confiscated from the No. 22 Toyota driven by Dave Blaney.

Unapproved probe heaters utilized in car’s transmissions were found on both Robert Yates Racing cars, the Nos. 38 and 88, driven by David Gilliland and Ricky Rudd, respectively.

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts
Jesus this has to be some sort of record for penalties in one week. I doubt the penalties will be anything major since Blaneys was just windshield braces which I doubt had any affect on performance. The probe heaters in the Yates cars maybe.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts