Diecast Crazy Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which diecast version do you folks prefer? I have several Elites and I'm impressed with the attention to detail. I just received my first Team Caliber Owners Series, it's the 1/24 Dave Blaney #22 CAT GET 2006 Dodge Charger. I have to say that I'm even a little more impressed with the detail on the Owners Series based just on this model. I really like the fact that you can take the car shell and mount it on four posts over the roll cage for display purposes. Anyway, what is/was the deal with Team Caliber, they don't seem to have nearly as many diecasts out there as Motorsports Authentics? Why is that?

I'm still very new to diecast collecting, obviously from my questions, so any thought would be appreciated guys.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
In 06' That was the first year that the body was removable from the chassis on a TC Owners 1/24. It could be done on the 1/64 Owners for a few years before that. I always liked the Owners cars better cause they were almost the same, and were a little cheaper. I always dispised the boxes though. They were a pain in the ass, there is no nice way to say it.
My all time favorite cars though were the TC First Choice cars. They were incredible, but TC didn't have any drivers except Roush guys and a few others, so it was just a matter of time until they went under. Action bought them, then changed their name to Motorsports Authentics.
TC has re-incarnated as CFS, and I believe in time (if they survive) the quality will be very good, but they will die from the same fate. No drivers. It's a shame, we need compitition in die-cast. I was always a big fan of the RC Authentics also. Except for the square profile on the tires, they were some nice cars also and had some neat added features like extra wheels and tires, jacks, body templates and car covers. They got pushed right outta NASCAR and now are mainly in NHRA and 1/18 muscle cars.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
FFighter_21 said:
I was always a big fan of the RC Authentics also. Except for the square profile on the tires, they were some nice cars also and had some neat added features like extra wheels and tires, jacks, body templates and car covers. They got pushed right outta NASCAR and now are mainly in NHRA and 1/18 muscle cars.
I've snagged a few of the RC Authentics NHRA cars this year. I think they dropped the ball on the GTO though. The front end looks more like previous years Grand AMs. Oh well, thanks for the diecast history lesson guys. I hope the real heyday of diecast collectibles hasn't passed me by considering MA seems to have a pretty strong monolopy on the industry.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Here it is 98 revell was making diecast action wanted them to stop and make plastic models only or they where not gona license the drivers for models 99 revel employess formed team caliber.Jack roush bought team caliber from the revel employees and they made roush drivers exclusive to team caliber thats why u see a 99 matt kenseth in action and thats it rest where made by team caliber untill late 2006.Plus jack does not like fredd owner of action. in 2005-2006 jack was making his move on action drivers they made some dale jr owners in red colur chrome and regular peices they got cancelled some slipped out the rest where destroyed nacar bought action and TEAM CALIBER and formed M/A in 2006 at bristol m/a anouunced fred was back and the cars.Would be name action perfomance in 2008.Jack countered and had cfs make the 2007 kenseth 1/24 nanO car exclusive to cfs.Wonder if roush drivers go to cfs next season?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well as usual when corporate greed grows and personality conflicts erupt, the fans/collectors suffer the most. It seems to me that when MA and Team Caliber were separate entities you at least had some serious creative competition if nothing else.

·
Super Moderator
8,696 Posts
RaceFan1962 said:
Well as usual when corporate greed grows and personality conflicts erupt, the fans/collectors suffer the most. It seems to me that when MA and Team Caliber were separate entities you at least had some serious creative competition if nothing else.
bingo!!!!!!!!

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
diecastjunkie17 said:
Here it is 98 revell was making diecast action wanted them to stop and make plastic models only or they where not gona license the drivers for models 99 revel employess formed team caliber.Jack roush bought team caliber from the revel employees and they made roush drivers exclusive to team caliber thats why u see a 99 matt kenseth in action and thats it rest where made by team caliber untill late 2006.Plus jack does not like fredd owner of action. in 2005-2006 jack was making his move on action drivers they made some dale jr owners in red colur chrome and regular peices they got cancelled some slipped out the rest where destroyed nacar bought action and TEAM CALIBER and formed M/A in 2006 at bristol m/a anouunced fred was back and the cars.Would be name action perfomance in 2008.Jack countered and had cfs make the 2007 kenseth 1/24 nanO car exclusive to cfs.Wonder if roush drivers go to cfs next season?
I never knew about the TC Jr. cars. I would have loved to see some of them, even just a pic. That would be a car to have. I'll bet it would triple the crazy cash the Harvick Elvis is drawing....

·
Registered
266 Posts
Thats exactly right you had competion .In 99 action made roush drivers after jack realized he was getting screwed by fred. He made tc tc cars where the best diecast ever made for nascar.If action was so much better than tc the high end diecast would be called elite owners,Instead of owners elites.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts