Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NASCAR to keep former Truck champ Ted Musgrave parked after retaliation at Milwaukee
By JIM UTTER - The Charlotte Observer
Former Craftsman Truck Series champion Ted Musgrave, who was parked during last weekend's race at the Milwaukee Mile, will also miss Saturday night's race at Memphis Motorsports Park, NASCAR officials said.

During the race Friday night, Musgrave and rookie Kelly Bires were involved in an accident early in the event. Immediately afterward, Musgrave restarted his truck, ran down Bires and drove his truck into the wall in retaliation.

NASCAR parked Musgrave, driver of the No. 9 Toyota, for the remainder of the race at that time.

On Wednesday, NASCAR official decided to suspend Musgrave through July 3, effectively parking him through this weekend's race at Memphis. Additionally, Musgrave was penalized 50 championship driver points, fined $10,000 and placed on probation until Dec. 31.

Brad Keselowski will drive the #9-Toyota while Musgrave serves a one-race suspension.

·
Legendary Member
25,339 Posts
Funny that they do that in the truck series but not in the cup series.

·
Super Moderator
8,764 Posts
kspool said:
Funny that they do that in the truck series but not in the cup series.
i was just thinking the same thing.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Isn't that a stiffer penalty than Kurt Busch got for basically the same thing, only he did what he did in the pits and Musgrave did what he did on the track?
I realize KB didn't hit Stewart's car, but he did almost hit a crew member. Seems a little backwards doesn't it? JMO.

·
Comes with free straightjacket
1,000 Posts
that would be stupid. all he did was run into a truck. given you shouldn't do it but at least he wasn't putting anyone else in danger. I watched the race and musgrave overreacted. bires got loose and got into him. i understand that he was a lapped truck but those things happen. even the announcers disagreed with musgrave.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
FFighter_21 said:
Isn't that a stiffer penalty than Kurt Busch got for basically the same thing, only he did what he did in the pits and Musgrave did what he did on the track?
I realize KB didn't hit Stewart's car, but he did almost hit a crew member. Seems a little backwards doesn't it? JMO.
Oh but he did hit Stewarts car in the pits! Went down the door panel and into the fender area. If you look at any ofthe replays you can see the damage all the way down the side of the car. And yes he did put an unprotected person in danger that wasn't on the track! That in itseldf should have gotten kurt twice the penalty that musgrave got. Plus they are suppose to be the elite group.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
If I'm correct Kyle did that to Mears at Phoenix last year and didn't endure half as harsh penalties as that. Hmm this seems a little extreme compared to some other.

·
#1 "BLANIAC"
20,242 Posts
Your right, I forgot about that. I guess the Busch boys are the golden boys, at least now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts