Diecast Crazy Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I described my 1/24 collection hanging in my temperature controlled shop in my introduction post, I figured I'd post closer photos of my collection. I collect one of each racing number (with some notable exceptions) and only have 11 more missing numbers to find: 53, 61, 62, 65, 69, 73, 76, 82, 85, 86, 89. I also collect some of the off-beat stuff using the same castings. I really don't pay attention to who the driver is. I'm interested in the memories that the graphics bring back when I am looking at them. The collection is "On display and up out of the way" where I can enjoy them each time I am in the shop.

The rules of acquisition are:
1. Car in good condition. (Box nice but not needed.)
2. As few opening parts as possible since they would gape open hanging on the wall.
3. Never pay more than $20.00 for the car plus shipping. (Again with a few exceptions.)
4. None are for sale once I own them.

Below are photos as they are hanging in the shop. More are added periodically. (Two more are due within a week of this writing.) I'll include the photo of how I hang them again at the end.

Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Toy

Wheel Tire Toy Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Footwear Shoe Car Automotive lighting Toy

Automotive design Drink Toy Souvenir Font

Car Toy Wheel Tire Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Car Vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design

Toy Drink Model car Tin Font

Drink Tin can Toy Aluminum can Beverage can

Toy Car Tire Tin can Tin

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
By the way, If anyone wants to offer me any of my missing 1/24 scale numbers for $20 or less including shipping, I'm open to considering it. Still looking for: 53, 61, 62, 65, 69, 73, 76, 82, 85, 86, 89. I'm picky about the graphics though.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Still think it's a very unique way to display. Dusting them would drive me crazy though, even though it's climate controlled there still has to be dust..
More dust than you know. That's the shop where I work on old cars.

That is a cool display. I wish I could help you on the missing numbers.
Seems I'm down to the really hard numbers now. They are out there, but well above my budget.

Two more arrived to hang on the wall this week. I have a soft spot for the Cartoon Network cars.

Vehicle Car Hood Automotive design Wheel

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

1 - 8 of 8 Posts